Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    123helpmepls Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 11, 2014, 06:12 PM
    My best friend treats me differently because she got a boyfriend?
    Okay so I'm a teenager in high school. My best friend is really nice and supportive but ever since she got a boyfriend, she's been ignoring me. We have conversations in and between classes but other than that, she disappears. Her boyfriend is great and they are really happy together but now, she acts differently. I don't mind having our conversations being about him and I don't mind the fact she has to spend time with him but she blocks me out. For example, last week in assembly, I was sitting next to her and her boyfriend walk in and she rudely pushes me into the next seat and makes space for him. Even her boyfriend was kind enough to switch seats so she could be in the middle. Worse thing is, when I don't talk to her, she complains that I am leaving her out of conversations with my other friends and how I ditch her when I'm with them. What should I do?
    odinn7 Posts: 7,691, Reputation: 1547
    Entomology Expert

Apr 11, 2014, 06:49 PM
    You should realize that, right or wrong, in most cases this is part of "growing up". Many people get caught up in their new found bf/gf and forget about everyone else. They make this person the entire center of their lives and don't even think about anyone or anything else...this is why it is so devastating when there is a breakup at this age. It happens, get used to it.
    Homegirl 50 Posts: 10,794, Reputation: 2604
    Dating & Teen Expert

Apr 11, 2014, 07:04 PM
    That's kind of how it goes when there is a new love interest. Nothing else matters. Get used to it. It passes.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Apr 12, 2014, 01:21 AM
    This is what happens when boys and girls start dating more.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Husband treats children differently. [ 16 Answers ]

Okay so Husband of 3 yrs. And in a relationship for 7 yrs. I have a 9 yr. Old daughter from a previous relationship and a 5 yr. Old daughter from my marriage. Problem is our 5 yr. Old is his princess and his everything and I feel like my other daughter as well as myself hardly exists. This is such...

When husband treats kids differently [ 7 Answers ]

My husband and I have been married for 4 years and with a blended family. The mother left the children 3 years ago and has not been around since. My question is since we have been together 5years now the youngest boy has always been something we always fight about. He treat the other two boy and a...

He treats me like crap one minute and like his best friend the next [ 1 Answers ]

So I have this ex boyfriend that has recently come out as gay and has a boyfriend and I am extremely close to his family, lately he either treats me like his best friend or like crap, he found out I was mad and made a huge deal because he would ignore me at school but then outside it would be...

Why is my best friend treating my so differently? [ 3 Answers ]

I've been thinking up every reason I can for my best friend's rapid change in behaviour, but nothing I can think convinces me and I found this website and thought some kind people could share their views :) I met this girl, Jenny about 18 months ago now and we hit it off straight away as...

View more questions Search