Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    emily883 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Apr 9, 2014, 08:19 AM
    Can a 19 year old get in any sort of trouble for messing with a 14 year old?
    My friend has been talking to a 19 year old and she's only 14. They aren't going to date. They're just friends who flirt. They've only hugged, and they don't plan on going any further than that. Her parents recently found out and are furious. She is very scared because she doesn't want him to go to jail or get fined. He did pick her up one time to go to the park, but he never stepped foot on her property. Please help, I just want to know what can possibly happen to him.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Apr 9, 2014, 08:23 AM
    If her parents forbid it, I'm a parent I would too, he could get in legal trouble for parental interference.

19 year old boys have sex on the brain. If he hasn't suggested it yet, just wait. He will.

Her parents have every right to be furious

Apr 9, 2014, 08:25 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by J_9 View Post
    If her parents forbid it, I'm a parent I would too, he could get in legal trouble for parental interference.

19 year old boys have sex on the brain. If he hasn't suggested it yet, just wait. He will.

Her parents have every right to be furious
    Okay, what can happen to him with the information I gave you?
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Apr 9, 2014, 08:25 AM
    He should go to jail... he's a perv... there is something wrong with any guy who NEEDS to mess around with someone that young because he can't get a woman his own age...

It may seem like only a few years... but emotionally and in maturity is almost like his and her parents... not at all like you and her.

Guys like that that try to mess with a young girl... do it because at that age its easy to manipulate you into doing things they want... and I find it impossible to believe its not going to go somewhere that will put him in jail for years and be forever branded a sex offender.

Because he is a pedophile... a sexual preditor that preys on impressionable young girls. He is groomig her right now....which is basically brainwashing her.
    Expert

Apr 9, 2014, 08:27 AM
    Yes, he could go to jail.

Smoothy, don't forget that she is mature for her age.

Apr 9, 2014, 08:28 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by smoothy View Post
    He should go to jail... he's a perv... there is something wrong with any guy who NEEDS to mess around with someone that young because he can't get a woman his own age...

It may seem like only a few years... but emotionally and in maturity is almost like his and her parents... not at all like you and her.

Guys like that that try to mess with a young girl... do it because at that age its easy to manipulate you into doing things they want... and I find it impossible to believe its not going to go somewhere that will put him in jail for years and be forever branded a sex offender.

Because he is a pedophile... a sexual preditor that preys on impressionable young girls. He is groomig her right now....which is basically brainwashing her.
    If they put an end to in right now, what kind of trouble can he get into for what has already been done?
    Uber Member

Apr 9, 2014, 08:28 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by J_9 View Post
    Yes, he could go to jail.

Smoothy, don't forget that she is mature for her age.
    Don't they ALL believe that?
    Uber Member

Apr 9, 2014, 08:31 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by emily883 View Post
    If they put an end to in right now, what kind of trouble can he get into for what has already been done?
    If they never had sex yet... probibly nothing will happen if it completely ends... if they did... once the police start the process... nothing could stop them... for good reason. ANd he will have fun in jail. Lots of men in jail have young daughters themselves... meaning he's going to be a VERY unpopular person.
    Expert

Apr 9, 2014, 08:31 AM
    If they put a complete and total end to it now nothing can happen. If it continues he could have a criminal record that would follow him for the rest of his life.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Apr 9, 2014, 11:23 AM
    You said her parents are furious. But you didn't say whether they forbade them seeing each other. Once they do, then he cannot see her without getting in trouble, because he would then be defying her parent's wishes. Your friend should cut it off immediately explaining that her parents said no.

But if they sneak around and continue to see each other, then, yes, he could be prosecuted.
    dontknownuthin Posts: 2,910, Reputation: 751
    Ultra Member

Apr 9, 2014, 04:01 PM
    I'm guessing this is about you and not a friend. It has to be over now. No calls, no texts, no messages through friends, no meeting anywhere. Whether they are on her property or somewhere else, once her parents say "no" he better leave her alone. If he is classified a sex offender he will have major problems for the rest of his life.

He is a predator... All this crap about only hugging... It's called. " grooming the victim". It's part of the predatory plan. This is a dangerous person.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can a 16 year old girl date a 21 year old boy without getting in trouble? [ 3 Answers ]

OK hey. So if a 16 year old and a 21 year old are dating and they our happy. Both of their parents approvw of it... can he still get into trouble? And what if they are thinking of getting married because they love each other and so he won't get into any harm. Can they marry in Texas without any...

18 year old touches 14 year old boys penis in Washington state. 18 yr. old trouble? [ 9 Answers ]

I know an 18 year old who touché a 14 year old's penis. The reason for this was said to be curiousness. The boys are 45 months apart in age. Is the 18 year old in trouble? What does Washington state's law say about this?

Can a 22 year old date a 17 year old without getting in trouble by the law? [ 8 Answers ]

Moved to its own thread I'm in love with a 22 yr old and in February I will be 17. He is 22. We broke up because his mom hates me and I would be very heart broken if he went to jail because of me. He graduated high school but he hasn't gotten any college. In our relationship he was more like the...

View more questions Search