Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    joy2theworld Posts: 72, Reputation: 2

Apr 8, 2014, 10:56 AM
    I hate my best friends boyfriend
    Okay so about 2 months ago my best friend started dating this boy and I thought they were the cutest couple ever. He is 18 and she is 15 and she has told me that he sometimes felt weird about the age. So about a few weeks into their relationship she wanted me to meet him. I was so excited to see how cute they were together in person. So I went to the mall with her and him. After a few minutes of walking he say the both of us down at the food court. He looked at me and said, I don't like to hang out with Sarah (my friend) when she is with her friends because I don't want make it look like I hang out with little kids. (I'm also 15). Then he told me my face was young looking and that I was immature and this was my first time meeting him.. I accepted that he didn't like me and just ignored it. But lately he has been talking behind my back and saying I give him bad vibes. He's the ex- druggie here, I should be the one getting bad vibes but no, I have him a chance. It's hard for me to hang out with my own best friend. She is always hanging out with him now. I act like I don't care to be a good friend but I miss hanging out. I have other friends I hang out with that the boyfriend doesn't have a problem with because they are taller and have older looking faces. Like sorry I was born this way? Anyway I just don't know what to do because I tried to ignore him and be civil. But he still talks to Sarah behind my back.. Insulting me for no reason and she doesn't even defend me..
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Apr 8, 2014, 11:00 AM
    Be a friend... tell her parents all of this... hes a creep if he wants to hang with a 15 year old girld... that three years gap is the biggest gap in maturity you will ever see in your entire life.

If he was to get into her pants he could be and should be arrested and thrown in jail for statutory rape... and have a life long sex offender status.

15 year olds and 18 year olds share little in common....its actually more like an 18 year old and a 50 year old equivalent.

He clearly can't get a girl his age so he prefers to use undue influence on an immature 15 year old that feels impressed an older guy is interested....the reality is its easy for an 18 year old to manipulate a naive 15 year old girl.

You seem to have a good head on your shoulder for seeing this....use it to notify her parents...who can put an end to this before she ends up a 15 year old single mother and high school dropout.
    joy2theworld Posts: 72, Reputation: 2

Apr 8, 2014, 11:26 AM
    Tank you! I've tried to tell her, I also told her mom, her mom didn't seem to care. They have had sex already and "loves" him so it's hard to get through to her..
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Apr 8, 2014, 11:30 AM
    I'd talk to the police... thats a criminal act anywhere in the USA. Let them know the parents don't care about it.

If that doesn't work... your options are rather limited...

I know this is a rather serious issue... but I like to joke that Trailer parks need people to live in them... and Walmart needs people to shop and work there.

She'll be one of them. I'm 53, I've never seen a case where this was allowed to continue that ever turned out well.
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Apr 8, 2014, 01:21 PM
    I see your role as friend, but a somewhat distant friend for now. Be very honest with her, without going into detail about how much you don't like him, just that it's clear that he doesn't want to be around you. Mainly tell her that you are ALWAYS there for her no matter what, and will see her when she has time for you. It may be practically not at all at first. But chances are very good that she will come crying to you sooner rather than later.

I personally wouldn't tell the police. That's just me. This is her parents' job.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Apr 8, 2014, 01:31 PM
    No need to be jealous because your friend is being stupid. You tried, so leave her alone and don't feed into her young stupidity. She will have to learn the hard way. Yes its sad.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Why do I hate my boyfriend? [ 3 Answers ]

I've been with my boyfriend for like 4 months now and we've been really good together, we used to hang out all the time, our sex was great and now I want nothing to do with him. Basically I pissed him off a couple nights ago when I was at a friends house. Apparently I'm supposed to tell him...

I hate my old friends [ 1 Answers ]

I've got other friends now because my old friends did not like the guy I have a crush on ( no he is not a jerk or a cheater just very sweet ) so I asked him out and he said yes. I really like him and he really likes me but my old friends (who apperently didn't like him) are all over him. Every time...

My friends hate me now! [ 2 Answers ]

It all started on Saturday July 19, 08, well my friends, Nancy and Brenda (their both sisters) threw a slummer party they invited my friend Stephanie, Karina and me but the next day all my friends left except for me I was still waiting for my mom to picked me up. In the mean time Nancy and Brenda...

I hate my friends [ 10 Answers ]

Okay, so there are these two guys I hang out with (not saying 'friends' anymore) that I absolutely hate, but I can't tell anyone, because I carpool to school with them every day. Today they ripped up my English project "as a joke". Haha. Nice joke, guys. NOT. What should I do?

View more questions Search