Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    anthony923 Posts: 32, Reputation: 1

Apr 7, 2014, 03:48 PM
    Base board painting
    I recently notice that parts of my base board is starting to chip . I was not the one who originally painted the board, but it looks like its original coating was not paint. Is there a goo paint with a semi gloss or satin finish that will adhere to board?
    dontknownuthin Posts: 2,910, Reputation: 751
    Ultra Member

Apr 9, 2014, 05:45 AM
    My guess if the paint is failing that one of several things happened . They may have tried to paint with water based latex paint over previous oil based, which gives a poor result. Or there could be moisture or rot in the wood.

If the wood is good, scrape and sand thoroughly to get the loose stuff off and smooth any edges. Vacuum the dust off, wipe with a damp cloth (just damp enough to pick up the rest of the dust, not wet ). When clean and dry, Use a good primer (I like Killz) then paint. I like a gloss or semi-gloss latex paint for trim and a more flat eggshell finish for walls. Ask at the paint store what primer to use and explain the old paint is failing, and you aren't sure whether it's oil or water based.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Base board heater wiring [ 0 Answers ]

Hi, I have 220 base boards with low voltage wiring to thermostats. I need to replace the relay switch in the base boards. Can you tell me how to do that. Thanks.

Base board heaters [ 2 Answers ]

I'm try to hook up a baseboard heater with a thermostate the heater has a balack and red wire and the thermostate has a black and red but the 12-2 wire has black,white and ground ,I try to hook allblacks together and all reds to the white and it didn't work can someone help me with this hook up

Base Board Heater [ 1 Answers ]

Why would I blow fuses on base board heater, I have replaced them twice and they blow

Base board heat repair [ 1 Answers ]

Base Board Heater [ 1 Answers ]

How Do I Wire A Double Pole Thermestate To A Baseboard Heater Using 12/2 Wiring.

View more questions Search