Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ajw36 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 6, 2014, 12:28 PM
    How to tell if a guy is gay and likes me? (I'm a guy who is gay)
    I am currently a senior in high school who is gay but not openly. Only my closest friends know. Anyway in my math class there is a guy (who I will call “B” for now). B would sort of play fight with me in class. He would grab my legs, untie my shoes and take my keys and make me get them from him in a flirtatious way. This goes on for months in the same class. Toward the end of the year this progresses. He started to hang out with me more. When he found out that I started to ride the bus home instead of driving he started to ride the bus I rode on instead of his usual bus and sat right next to me. I take this as a sign that he likes me so I jumped on the opportunity.

One day while playing Xbox live I received a message from him. (a voice message). On the message he literally said “hi smiley face”. I replied with a voice message saying hey. He messaged back saying” what are you doing” and I messaged back saying playing gta 5. And these messages go on for about another 10, 15 minutes and then they started to get more sexual. He would say things like “winky face” and ”heart” repeatedly. I said the same things back to him. Eventually the local mall came up in the conversation and he asked me if I wanted to see a movie or just hang out at the mall and I said sure. The next day came and I had to cancel due to a family member being in the hospital. To this day he and I still talk everyday over Xbox.

I'm not really sure if he is gay or not. He had a girlfriend up until the point when he and I started to hang out. When that happened he broke up with her. (Reasons unknown). I would like to date him. He's a really nice guy but I'm scared to come out to him. What if he's not gay? What if he's just messing around? But what if he IS interested in me? I have a bunch of question in my head. Please help.
    Catsmine Posts: 3,826, Reputation: 739
    Pest Control Expert

Apr 6, 2014, 01:00 PM
    Keep it friendly. Start with a hug. See how he reacts. If he backs off, you do too. Don't lose a friendship over a perceived flirtation.
    Oliver2011 Posts: 2,606, Reputation: 746
    Ultra Member

Apr 7, 2014, 07:28 AM
    From one gay dude to another, that's a tough one. If you say something and he gets totally turned off it could ruin the friendship. And you don't want that. Coming out to people in high school is tough. Do you know him well enough to determine how he will react to it? If the answer is no then I would just let the friendship develop more and see where it takes you.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Apr 7, 2014, 08:03 AM
    I think you just tell him you are gay and see what he does about it. At least being honest upfront will stop the head games.
    odinn7 Posts: 7,691, Reputation: 1547
    Entomology Expert

Apr 7, 2014, 10:18 AM
    Not to offend anyone but...a straight guy will not usually say those kinds of things to another guy....so you must be putting out some kind of signs that he's picking up on.

I agree with Tal...you say your closest friends know...well, try telling this kid.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Apr 8, 2014, 05:38 AM
    Be yourself, if you are really gay, then why are you hiding it?

Why should he be interested if he thinks you are straight ? You have to tell people and let them know, if you want a boyfriend and a relationship.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How can I tell if this guy likes me (gay) help [ 5 Answers ]

I'm in middle school and there is this guy who just happens to be my best friend... and he means everything to me. We have two classes together and we are always hanging out. I'm in love with him and I don't know if he feels the same way about me... I've been trying to read his signs and I'm...

I'm gay, and I'm in love with a guy who I'm not sure is straight, bi, or gay? [ 2 Answers ]

I met this really nice and cute guy at a retreat and he's very nice to me. I always see him staring at me. When I notice he turns away. He always tells me the corniest jokes ever. I think he's straight but I get a feeling he's got a thing for me. But I feel like I'm just making false hope for...

Can a straight guy friend fall for a gay guy like me? [ 2 Answers ]

It's been years now and I still find it hard to move on. I had a friend who use to be my trainee before and that time I had a boy friend. I admit it that even though I had a boy friend that time, I felt something to my friend. My friend is straight but we always have some mutual understanding. We...

Gay guy, and straight married guy, does it work? [ 12 Answers ]

Moved to its own thread and edited/T He has no kids. And married for 14 years also . A girl likes him too I'm gay and also in a 12 years relationship, but I work in a the company with a straight married guy that keeps coming to see me. First it started just has friends (know him since 10...

Does a bi guy becomes more gay by acting on the gay side? [ 17 Answers ]

Hi! I'm a 29-year-old bi guy, more on the gay side, physically and sexually but not emotionally speaking. Now I'm not in a relationship with either gender but I feel I shouldn't have acted on gay feelings at all. Ok, I might enjoy a quickie with males but I don't feel fulfilled after. Whereas...

View more questions Search