Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    alisa1650 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 3, 2007, 03:09 PM
    Property tax lien sales
    Hi everyone and thank you in advance for your advice. I have been researching property tax lien sales for a few years and I think I have all the information needed except for the last part. Once I know which properties may go up for auction, how do I go about researching the property to make sure it is not a lemon without spending a lot of money? It doesn't seem smart to just drive by and look at it. I don't want to get something that will not re-sell because of any number of conditions it may be in. I firmly believe this is a golden opportunity but I always seem to chicken out because I don't know anyone who has ever done this. Any advice would be helpful, especially if someone reading this has already done it.
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Apr 3, 2007, 03:11 PM
    Do you mean you want to buy to flip ?
    alisa1650 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 3, 2007, 03:14 PM
    I'm not sure what a flip is. I'm interested in homes where the owners have not paid their property taxes for several years and the county puts it up for auction.
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Apr 5, 2007, 03:35 AM
    A flip is where you buy a house for back taxes, forclosures, run down properties and fix them up for a profit.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Apr 5, 2007, 06:17 AM
    Ok, I'm afraid you haven't done enough research if you don't know the term "flip". I've done almost no research in this area and know what tickle meant.

Check with the county, there may be a period between when the list is published and the actual auction that prospective bidders can inspect the property.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Tax Lien Sales lists [ 2 Answers ]

What is a good web site to get the tax lien sales from ?

Income tax treatment of sales tax on improvement to rental property [ 3 Answers ]

For income tax purposes, major improvements to my rental property must be depreciated over a period of years. Can I take the sales tax on those improvements as a deduction in the year of the improvement, or must the sales tax amount be included in the depreciation schedule? Thank-you, ...

Tax lien sales in TN [ 3 Answers ]

Hi and thanks for being there. I'm interested in beginning purchasing tax lien properties in and around Knoxville TN. Does anybody out there know the procedure. I have a list of properties to look at which are going up for auction soon. I think I should go take a look at the area, the houses,...

Tax lien sales in TN [ 1 Answers ]

It has just struck me there might be some web sites I could go see lists of properties whose tax bill has not been paid. If anybody knows any I'd be appreciative to know what they are. Thanks Sarah

Property taxes/lien on property [ 2 Answers ]

We have been taking care of the rental properties across the street from us for many years as the landlord lives in Arkansas. We have never been paid for these services. We repair and maintain these properties, and the last tenants we even collected the rent and deposited into the landlord’s...

View more questions Search