Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    thegoodguy11 Posts: 69, Reputation: 1

Apr 3, 2014, 06:43 PM
    Success of a PC repair business
    I am planning to open up a PC repair business after college. What is the success rate of this work? I am planning to make, repair, and sell computers and computer accessories. Is this a good income? The area is Tampa FL. Also planning to do some video transferring. So.. good idea?
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Apr 4, 2014, 04:52 AM
    You need to do more research about what other firms are in the area. Also about the costs of such a business. Also what the cost of repairs will be. Computers have become somewhat of a commodity and most people don't repair them but just replace them. Also it would be very hard for a small shop to build PCs for less cost than the major manufacturers. And hobbyists who want a custom job will usually build their own.
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Apr 4, 2014, 05:00 AM
    I agree with Scott... this might have been a lucrative business 20 some years ago.. but these days the hours will be long and the pay will be low for all the rerasons he mentioned.

I had once considered it but saw the way things were headed and decided it wasn't the way to go for me.

There is money to be made... just not as much as you think and that little bit won't be easy.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Apr 4, 2014, 05:16 AM
    It can still work, but you will have to have a good location, and enough supplies to give fast service.

Also, this as in most business you need to be prepared and able to afford the first year at no profit, and normally a business loss. Second year perhaps just breaking evel.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Computer Repair Business [ 2 Answers ]

Which programs are must haves for a computer repair business?

Electronic repair business? [ 7 Answers ]

Here is the situation I am in. I am 22 years old and I don't have a lot of money and a friend of my dad wants to hand his business over to me. The business is repairing electronics; TVs, VCRs, Stereos, etc. I would pretty much just take it over, but I honestly do not have much knowledge as far...

How to start an aircraft repair business [ 4 Answers ]

What are the steps I would need to take to start my own aircraft structures repair/maintenance business?

Has anyone ever had any real success with a home based business? [ 6 Answers ]

I've tried different things but haven't really gotten to the point of becoming financially independent. Has anyone had any real success with this?

Business success [ 1 Answers ]

Which business is the most successful business in the world. And which business is the business done by most people in the world. And which is the business to get a breskthough start. Which is the most successful business in the world? Which businee is best suitablle for youth

View more questions Search