Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    odinn7 Posts: 7,691, Reputation: 1547
    Entomology Expert

Apr 3, 2014, 09:27 AM
    Non-Disclosure?
    I have come up with a design/slogan for a line of T-Shirts that a friend and I are working on. When she is done with the art for the design, I will need to approach a printer with this design and have some shirts printed out for me. I have already looked into copyright and all that but that is not my big concern at this point.

What is to stop the printer from maybe liking the design and printing them on their own? One of the printers I have in mind has their own shop where they sell their own shirts...what if they decide they like these shirts and print them for themselves to sell them?

What I am thinking of is when I was programming for a CNC machine, I would often have to sign Non-Disclosure agreements when a client would approach us with a design or product that they wanted us to machine for them. This agreement made it so that I could be sued if I was to use this design myself or give the specs or design to someone else.

Is something like that practical in a situation like this?
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Apr 3, 2014, 11:42 AM
    Of course. Have him sign a non-disclosure agreement to protect your design and have it notorized.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Disclosure [ 3 Answers ]

I filed my Answer in small claims court on November 20, 2010. The judge denied the plaintiff's motion for judgement on February 1, 2010. I received disclosure from the plaintiffs attorney on February 9th. What do I do now?

Full disclosure [ 8 Answers ]

Okay I have the husband who has cheated for past 7 years. He insists that she not only was NOTHING to him but that he broke it off with her. I just found a journal that he was keeping that shows that he obsessively kept track of when he called her when she called him, his suspicion of HER and his...

Home disclosure [ 5 Answers ]

When I sell my home am required to disclose to the buyer that I didn't have permits for my addition or is it a don't ask don't tell kind of policy? Thanks

Full disclosure [ 5 Answers ]

Okay, I am the wife of the 7 year cheater. When confronted he said that she was NOTHING to him and that he had broke things off with her about 2 months ago. I recently found journal entries in his handwriting that chronicles his obsession with their phone calls, what she said, what he said, the...

Disclosure statement [ 1 Answers ]

How long can a seller be liable for misrepresenting on the disclosure statement. I've purchased a house in Texas about two years ago and I believe the seller lied about a few things.

View more questions Search