Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    candle1980 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 3, 2014, 02:23 AM
    3 week old pups
    Hi my dog got hit by a car and didn't make it and she left behind two 3wk old pups.and I can't get them to make a bowel movement, I've tried stimulating and still nothing... any gestures??
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Apr 3, 2014, 02:33 AM
    What are you feeding them, and how are you stimulating? Massaging their tummies is usually the way to make that happen.
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Apr 4, 2014, 02:11 PM
    Actually, massaging their tummies isn't the way to go. A warm wet cloth, and rub their bums gently. That's how a mother dog stimulates a bowel movement, by licking the anus of the puppies.

Are you feeding them puppy formula?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My dog had pups 5 weeks ago and has been sick for about a week, suggestions? [ 2 Answers ]

My chihuahua had puppies 5 weeks ago today. For the past week she has been sick. She is still eating and drinking, however she's also been throwing up. Also, she looks like she doesn't feel good. She just lays around not very active.

My 2 week old pups are sick,what's wrong? [ 2 Answers ]

I have 3 male 2 and half week old rottie pups,they were thriving,eyes open,walking around but today 2 are being sick and have liquid poo,still feeding off mum but not very much.havent a clue what's gone wrong and am so worried as they getting weak.am keeping them warm and getting some cooled boiled...

3 week old pups! [ 1 Answers ]

Could anyone give me any info on what 2 do? I have 7 3 week old american bullys, all of them are huge active pups,they are even pinching mums food! The last few days mum has been really dwn and low energy, I suspected mastitis and took her 2 vets today and I was ryt, vet said 2 separate mum and...

5 week old boxer pups [ 2 Answers ]

I need to know how often my Boxer Mom needs to be feeding her 7 pups a day. I have started feeding them moistened puppy chow with warm water and milk supplement. I need to know how often she still needs to feed them. Also how do I wean them and at what age?

View more questions Search