Apr 2, 2014, 11:05 AM
    Gardening
    Should you buy top soil or potting soil. I have been told
    Top soil lacks nutrients, which must be added? How long does it take for a
    Three gallon mango tree to bear fruit?
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Apr 2, 2014, 11:16 AM
    Why would top soil lack nutrients? It is the perfect vehicle for adding to gardens; but it is also necessary to use a 'pick me up' like additional vitamins and additives.

Are you going to grow the mango tree inside, in a pot? Then use a good quality potting soil. As to when does it bear fruit, maybe never depending where you are.
    smoothy Posts: 25,490, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Apr 2, 2014, 11:35 AM
    I think potting soil has a few extra things to better hold water than regular topsoil will have. But there are a few different types if potting soild tailored to the type of plant.

In a pot... I'd go with the potting soil. But both would actually work...

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Gardening questions [ 1 Answers ]

Is there anyone else doing lasagna gardening?

Organic Gardening [ 5 Answers ]

My husband and I are going to start an organic garden... but need some direction. Since we are beginners, would anyone recommend a book that is highly useful for this great hobby? Now we aren't trying to grow a farm... just something to feed the family. Thanks... ;)

Gardening in the PNW! [ 4 Answers ]

What is a good website to learn what plants I can plant in my yard, how to care for them, what time of year to plant? I live in the Pacific Northwest so a site that is specific to my area and easy to understand would be great. Thanks.

How much to charge for gardening? [ 1 Answers ]

I want to ask this for my younger sister who does excellent gardening and now has a few clients.. she says it is hard work and I must agree.. how much an hour should she charge for planting shrubs/flowers/and basic gardening? Thanks in advance

View more questions Search