Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    16macsam Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 1, 2014, 05:34 PM
    How do I know if my 8 year old sister has a concussion and what do I do if she does?
    Hi. Today my little sister fell on the ice on the playground at school and passed out for a short period. She was immediately taken to the nurse's office at school and our mother was called to bring her home. The nurse gave my mother a booklet on concussions and told us to watch her for any symptoms. My sister has been at home resting since one o'clock this afternoon and it is currently 7:31 at night. Her eyes are still dilated from the fall and the back of her head hurts. She has always been a little flighty but seems more so than usual. We would like to bring her in to the emergency room to get checked out but we don't have insurance at the moment so we need to know if it is completely necessary before we bring her in. We haven't let her sleep but she is getting tired. Please get back to be if you have any ideas. Thank you so much.
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Apr 1, 2014, 05:41 PM
    Yes to the ER. Passing out, pain, eyes, and especially lethargy... go.
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Apr 1, 2014, 06:05 PM
    I agree take her to the emergency room now. The school should have done that when it happened.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My sister and I signed a lease 1/1/08 for 1 year. At the end of the year we were bot [ 4 Answers ]

My sister and I signed a 1 year lease 1/1/08. At the end of the year we were both to move out. My sister's plans fell through and she went back to the landlord and they agreed to a month to month lease. I was in no way involved in this. She has been there since but has not paid the rent for...

View more questions Search