Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    madkeats Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 31, 2014, 03:35 PM
    Salon Disaster, turned my hair orange want to go dirty blonde
    I went to the salon with very light blonde hair from box dying it, but wanted more of a Blake Lively dirty blonde. She said I would have to go darker because it was a bit damaged, but that wasn't a problem because it was already lighter than I wanted.
    My moms a red head so I have red tint in my hair naturally, and when she died my hair dark mocha brown the roots went orange and the rest went brown/red. I'm not happy, everyone's calling me a ging, is there anyway she can lighten my hair to a light brown or make it blonde?
    I just need it to look lighter. Remember kind of like Blake's.
    CravenMorhead Posts: 4,532, Reputation: 1065
    Adult Sexuality Expert

Apr 1, 2014, 06:53 AM
    Go to another salon and go darker. You're going to have variations because of what has been done to your hair. You're messing with pigments in a long hollow shaft, so unless EVERYTHING is the same it is going to be a little different all the way down. As well the more you do to it, the more damaged it is going to be and the harder it is going to maintain and keep healthy. The other solution right now is to leave the colour as it is and do some hair treatments to try to reverse the damage so that the next time you dye you're going to get better colour penetration and retention.

Good luck. Auburn father of a Redhead child.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Dyed my hair lighter blonde ,it turned to orange how do I get my old hair color backk [ 7 Answers ]

I wanted to dye my hair to a lighter blonde but it turned out orange how do I get my normal hair color back?!

I bleached my hair blonde, and it turned orange what do I do know? [ 2 Answers ]

Okay, so I have originally brown hair and I bleached apart of it blonde and it kind of turned a orange yellow color and now I don't know what to do. Do I keep bleaching? Or go to a salon HELP D:

Dyed hair with 8 medium blonde, and it turned orange [ 1 Answers ]

Tell me how to change hair that turned orange with medium blonde #8, back to dk or med blonde

Black to blonde hair dye but turned orange [ 2 Answers ]

I was a natural blonde and have dyed my hair a million times different colours all the time. I wanted to go back blonde doing it myself and with a girlfriend helping me. We used a stripper to get all the old colours out and it went a nice brown. I put a blonde hair dye in it and it went dark brown....

Trying to get a dirty blonde, but ended up with orange/red hair? [ 3 Answers ]

I naturally have medium brown hair with reddish high lights to it... I thought I'd cheap out and get an at-home dye kit, which normally is fine, because typically I go darker with my hair. I thought I'd do a dirty blonde, or light ash brown, but instead of blondish brown, it's orange... what can I...

View more questions Search