Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Smiles814 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 31, 2014, 12:57 PM
    Stink Pipe
    We have one vent pipe very low on our roof. It stinks especially when we are doing laundry. If the wind is just right it is annoying and embarrassing. We extended our pipe up but that has not helped at all. What else can we do? FYI we bought this house less then 2 years ago and we had our septic pumped at that time
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Mar 31, 2014, 01:41 PM
    What fixture is under the vent pipe? Laundry? Bathroom? Are the other vent pipes OK? Do any of the fixtures bubble or gurgle when flushed or drained? Any more information? Back to you. Tomi
    ?
    Mike45plus Posts: 230, Reputation: 27

Mar 31, 2014, 05:10 PM
    There are several products that fit over your roof vent pipe, and filter the odor with activated carbon. I have used the Sweetfilter, and Odorhog brands. You could also try to install an AAV in the attic, instead of the roof penetration.. --...
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Mar 31, 2014, 05:59 PM
    Thanks Mike! That would a great help until the source is located and repaired. Vent pipes are designed to pull air to relieve the suction caused be flushing and drainage. Not to belch out sewer gas. There's just got to be a solution to their problem . Thanks again for the tip Tom

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Cable wire in stink pipe [ 2 Answers ]

I am currently running my comcast wire through the stink pipe... I made a whole in the vent on first floor and used silicone to secure wire and opening from gases... looks great since my gutters don't have sagging wires... inspector came and told me absolutely not... I think he is mistaken, not...

No Stink Pipe [ 2 Answers ]

We just recently got a home inspection on a house we are looking to buy. This is a home which was built by the person living in it, so I believe they took the easy road to many things. Including the plumbing. Two things which bothered me were: there is no vent pipe (stink pipe) and the PVC water...

Vent pipe(stink stack) tie-in [ 1 Answers ]

I will be installing a sink, shower and tiolet in a basement below an existing cleanout outlet. I want to tie-into an existing vent pipe twenty feet away. Will this enable venting of the "gas" over this distance. Ron

Plumbing (stink) vent pipe [ 1 Answers ]

Hi - How much does it cost to replace the plumbing vent pipe (or stink pipe)? I noticed the wall behind the toilet started to crumble. So, while knocking out some of the wall I noticed near the floor a large hole was in the plumbing vent. I heard they can cut the bad part and boot the new part. ...

Stink from a leaky vent pipe [ 3 Answers ]

I am redoing my kitchen and when I tried to take the sink out the vent pipe literally came apart, as though it was not even attached. There was a terrible smell in the kitchen and we thought it was the cabinets. We took out the cabinets, and they did smell, we also took out the walls. When I...

View more questions Search