Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Maniac0683 Posts: 31, Reputation: 1

Apr 3, 2007, 12:28 PM
    Put mortgage in another name
    I think I made a really bad decision. :( About a year ago, my mom was losing her house. I let her buy another house and put it in my name. I was just getting through some credit problems of my own, but had it high enough so we could do it. She told me that in 6mo-to a year, we could add my sisters name (who supports my mom) to the mortgage, then we could re-finance it, without my name, and I would be in the clear. Well, I know that she is at least one payment behind on the house right now, and my credit is slowly going back down. It has been almost a year, and I've been trying to get her to move on this, but she seems to be putting it off. I guess my main question is, is it really possible to do what she said? Or legal even? My g.f. and I want to buy our own house soon, and I'd really like to have this one out of my name.

I thought about telling her that if its not out of her name soon, I'm putting it up for sale... but she's my mom... I don't think I could really do that... even if it would be the best thing to do. Neither hers, or my sisters credit score is high enough for them to just buy the house from me :(

Any advise?

Check out some similar questions!

IF I put them out.where will they go? [ 10 Answers ]

I have a 26 year old son still at home and his 4 year old daughter. Got into trouble with the law, did some time, doing okay, keeping a job, attending home church, helping with daughter as much as he can. The deal was to stay until he can get on his feet. How long does it take for him to get on...

WHere to Put this? [ 2 Answers ]

I guess I have really been going through hard times. My family is not one of the wealthiest. My mom is a single parent making it hard on both my brother and me. Anything I want I have to work for. The only thing free is food and are crapy apartment. My mom comes home and yells at me for any reason...

View more questions Search

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.