Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    bpthalha Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Mar 30, 2014, 03:36 PM
    1967 Puch 250 Gas tank?
    Hello, I am restoring a 1967 sears allstate puch 250 right now and after I pulled off the gas tank I noticed there are 2 ports on the bottom of the tank, one on each side. They protrude about 1/2 inch from the tank and was wondering what are these ports for? I see where the fuel petcock goes and where the oil line goes, but I'm trying to find out what these ports are for? Any help appreciated, thanks.
    cdad Posts: 12,700, Reputation: 1438
    Internet Research Expert

Mar 30, 2014, 04:45 PM
    If the tank slopes down below the fram then what those are is to equalize the tank as it drains. They should be connected together normally after the tank is installed.

Mar 30, 2014, 08:17 PM
    So I would just need to take some hose and connect them from one end of the hose to the other?

Quote Originally Posted by cdad View Post
    If the tank slopes down below the fram ten what those are is to eaqualize the tank as it drains. They should be connected together normally after the tank is installed.
    cdad Posts: 12,700, Reputation: 1438
    Internet Research Expert

Mar 31, 2014, 09:15 AM
    Yes. That is so gas can flow from one side to the other.

Mar 31, 2014, 12:56 PM
    Appreciate all the help!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Wellxtroll 250 Pro Tank has Zero Air Pressure and no water [ 2 Answers ]

Water pressure slowly decreased tonight right down to nothing. Square D Welltroll Pressure switch contacts look OK and both sides have 110v on meter. It is the 40/60psi switch. Disconnect switch for pump also looks OK and has 110v on both sides. Pressure on water line after pressure switch is...

Will a 1988 kawasaki klf 250 gas tank fit onto a 1986 klf 300 [ 0 Answers ]

I have a 1986 kawasaki 300 bayou, will a 1988 220 bayou gas tank fit onto my 300

Convert gas grill with 20-lb tank to connect with 100-lb bulk tank [ 1 Answers ]

Presently have a portable gas grill with 20-lb tank. Want to connect it to the 100-lb propane tank that also provides fuel for the fireplace. When they placed tank, a fitting was placed on the tank so that the grill could be connected. Have seen hoses for connecting natural gas - can the same...

Convert gas grill with 20-lb tank to connect with 100-lb bulk tank [ 0 Answers ]

How to convert gas grill running off 20-lb tank to run off 100-lb bulk propane gas tank

Gas flow from front tank into rear tank on an F150 pickup [ 2 Answers ]

Help: I have an F150 2 whl drive pickup, manual transmission. Straight 6 cylinder. The gas flows from front tank into the rear tank. Not a huge problem, but when you fill both tanks, gas starts running out of the rear tank because the front one is still trying to fill the rear one. Gas mileage...

View more questions Search