Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    wormburner1941 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 3, 2007, 11:54 AM
    "T" Fitting
    I have an RV that has 1/2" that has type of plastic water line. It is not CPVC, I want to say Pex tubing. I want to install a Culligan water filter that has a 1/4" line. I need a "T" that will fit both lines. The fitting is not glued on, nor put on with a metal band compressed around it. The lines just slide in, but not out. I think its called a "Quest" fitting or something. My question is what is it called, and where do I find it?
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Apr 3, 2007, 01:23 PM
    You are correct, it is a quest fitting. Try this site for the parts you'll need. eBay: MOBILE HOME QUEST WATER LINE FITTINGS 1/2 & 3/4 INCH (item 150042711238 end time May-02-07 10:36:44 PDT)
    wormburner1941 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 4, 2007, 03:43 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by ballengerb1
    You are correct, it is a quest fitting. Try this site for the parts you'll need. eBay: MOBILE HOME QUEST WATER LINE FITTINGS 1/2 & 3/4 INCH (item 150042711238 end time May-02-07 10:36:44 PDT)

Thanks, I appreciate the information.
    labman Posts: 10,580, Reputation: 551
    Uber Member

Apr 4, 2007, 06:35 AM
    You may want to look at Shark's Tooth fittings. They are slightly more than Quest, but much easier to work with and less likely to leak. Try Ace hardware or a plumbing supply. Lowe's may have a slightly different style specifically meant for use with PEX. The Shark's tooth fittings have a plastic collar that when pushed back in, release and you can pull the pipe out.
    iamgrowler Posts: 1,421, Reputation: 110
    Ultra Member

Apr 4, 2007, 08:42 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by labman
    You may want to look at Shark's Tooth fittings. They are slightly more than Quest, but much easier to work with and less likely to leak. Try Ace hardware or a plumbing supply. Lowes may have a slightly different style specifically meant for use with PEX. The Shark's tooth fittings have a plastic collar that when pushed back in, release and you can pull the pipe out.
    Qwest tubing isn't CT (copper tube) size.

SharkBite fittings won't work on it.

Apr 4, 2007, 12:27 PM
    There is a another brand with a similar name SharkBite which will fit ct, cpvc and PEX. Maybe this is the confusion.
    Ultra Member

Apr 4, 2007, 04:01 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by ballengerb1
    There is a another brand with a similar name SharkBite which will fit ct, cpvc and PEX. Maybe this is the confusion.
    Sure, because all three of the piping materials you mention above are copper tube size.

Quest and Vanguard polybutylene piping, otoh, have a different outside diameter.
    labman Posts: 10,580, Reputation: 551
    Uber Member

Apr 4, 2007, 04:20 PM
    Maybe they have changed. I bought some polybutylene and Quest fittings over 25 years ago. They were the same OD as copper then. I didn't like them and haven't bought any since. I did recycle a couple of old Quest fittings to connect the copper and CPVC to my water softener last summer.
    Ultra Member

Apr 4, 2007, 07:16 PM
    Maybe they have changed.
    Nope -- It's me who is wrong.

Quest and Vanguard polybutylene piping is in fact copper tube size.

Apr 5, 2007, 06:48 AM
    Mystery is solved, product can change over time.
    doug238 Posts: 1,560, Reputation: 62
    Ultra Member

Apr 5, 2007, 08:28 PM
    [smilez]
    Growler is so cool

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Fan Blower not working in "ON" or "AUTO" in heat or AC [ 13 Answers ]

Got home from the Brewer game this afternoon and noticed the house was warm(78). Outside was 91. I checked the T-stat and it was set correct. Noticed the air vents weren't blowing anything. Went outside and the condenser and fan was running fine. Then I went downstairs to the furnace unit to see...

A/C or Heat does not work w/thermostat set "on" or "auto". [ 22 Answers ]

A/C or Heat doesn't work in "on" or "auto". Fan will not come on at the "on" position either. I changed the batteries in the thermostat. I also read somewhere to disconnect the "Y" and hold it to the "R" on the thermostat for two minutes. That will tell me if the thermostat is the problem. ...

Pink pill with "watson" and "502" on it [ 2 Answers ]

What kind of pill is pink and has watson 502 on it?

Heater blows cold when "On", not at all on "Auto" [ 1 Answers ]

Our gas heater is 7 years old, and has worked fine in the two years we've rented here. This winter though, we can't get it to work consistently. When on "Auto", it doesn't turn on at all, no matter what temperature we select, and when we turn the fan to "On", it simply blows cold air. It...

View more questions Search