Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mshader Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 3, 2007, 11:38 AM
    Why should I go to the doctor
    I am a student who is doing a speech on why people should go to the doctor. I wanted to know if anyone could give me a few reasons that will back up my reasons. If you are a doctor that would be so helpful. And if you could please give me your name (last is fine) and what kind of doctor you are, and location (state). Thank yo so much!
    manimuth Posts: 261, Reputation: 60

Apr 3, 2007, 11:45 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by mshader
    if anyone could give me a few reasons why that will back up my reasons.
    What are your reasons to be backed up?

Some points you may want to elaborate on: (I'm assuming that by 'going to the doctor' you mean regularly visiting a primary care doctor):

- promotes a healthy life through guidance and tips on healthy eating and healthy living
    - healthy lifestyle--->longer life expectancy---> (hopefully) more contribution to society
    - early detection and prevention of illnesses
    - healthy people = lower healthcare costs
    - early detection---->reduce chances of expensive surgery and use of expensive treatment--->lower strain on healthcare budget
    - healthy people = happy people = happy society (again, hoping :) )
    mshader Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 3, 2007, 12:23 PM
    I have general reasons... staying healthy and preventative care. I am having a hard time getting information other than from the net and I need 5 sources. So now I am reaching out to strangers hopefully someone will be a doctor. I also wanted some statistics on going to the doctor and not and how it affects your life span.
    manimuth Posts: 261, Reputation: 60

Apr 3, 2007, 12:41 PM
    Did you try the library? Especially a medical library. Is there a teaching hospital or medical school near you? You probably can't take anything out but you can go in and do your research and make copies and such. They can also give you better guidance.
    Matt3046 Posts: 831, Reputation: 128

Apr 3, 2007, 12:46 PM
    Try Google Books Google Book Search The students best friend.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

When Should I See a Doctor? [ 4 Answers ]

Since we have multiple postings on when it is important to seek medical advice, I thought I would post a few guidelines on when it is important to seek medical attention. It is important to contact your doctor's/dentist's office if you notice significant changes in how you feel and function. ...

When Should I See a Doctor? [ 5 Answers ]

Since we have multiple postings on when it is important to seek medical advice, I thought I would post a few guidelines on when it is important to seek medical attention. It is important to contact your doctor's/dentist's office if you notice significant changes in how you feel and function. ...

Should I go to a Doctor? [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, I have been on the pill now for about a year, about a month ago I missed approx 3-4 active pills. I wasn't engaging in any sexual activity at the time so I know I can't be pregnant however about a week later I started bleeding and have been now for a month. Does anyone know what is...

When Should I See a Doctor? [ 0 Answers ]

When Should I See a Doctor? [ 0 Answers ]

View more questions Search