Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    bugged986 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 27, 2014, 02:10 PM
    Carpet beetle bugs
    Can anyone confirm that carpet beetles do bite. I was looking for bed bugs and found carpet beetles. I am bitten in exactly the same way as described by bed bug infestation. Seems reading on here I am not the only one bitten by carpet beetles. My other half is untouched by any bugs (not daft are they?)
    Catsmine Posts: 3,826, Reputation: 739
    Pest Control Expert

Mar 27, 2014, 03:35 PM
    Look up "Bat bugs." They are similar to both.

This link may be helpful:

http://www.ncbuy.com/flowers/articles/01_10210.html
    SweetDee76 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 5, 2014, 07:32 PM
    If they are in fact carpet beetles they aren't biting you, but you may be having an allergic reaction to the prickly little hairs on the larvae themselves. They do not feed on humans. Hopefully you've checked thoroughly for actual bed bugs.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Do carpet bugs bite humans? [ 14 Answers ]

My husband and I pulled up out carpet in our bedroom and we descovered carpet bugs. These little things were everywhere. Now that there is no more carpet, I found them in our matress. I have recently been getting bit by something at night and we have torn apart out bed looking for bed bugs, but...

Carpet bugs [ 1 Answers ]

I rent a house with all of your pest as well as mine.I do have the landlord coming to spray little does he no!! I do have renters insurance.My Dog comes home with my Hubby for a couple days.They traveal ,Ya I found the source wrong they were being bitten my poor dog. He stays in and out. I have...

Carpet bugs [ 1 Answers ]

I have found in my basement I will call it a worm, about an inch long, where it comes from I do not know. Once in a while I will see a live one, but most of the time they are dead and they coil up in a circle. Do you know what this is and how to get rid of it.

Invisible, biting bugs with new carpet? [ 1 Answers ]

I recently had new carpet installed. Ever since something has been biting my feet and lower legs, in that room of the house only. The bite marks are small and incredibly itchy. The carpet came from Lowe's and the saleman told me it came directly from Georgia somewhere. Any ideas?

Carpet bugs [ 0 Answers ]

Do carpet bugs fly? I have had tiny flying bugs that only com out at night. Between 1am and 3am. Boy talk about losing sleep! I haven't been bitten, no tell-tale signs of eggs, no brown smears on sheets. I vaacum each day, all over the bedroom. Help!!

View more questions Search