Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    serraamike Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 27, 2014, 07:47 AM
    How can I gain muscle mass?
    I have protein powder at home. I workout. I try to take the amount of grams of my weight goal. My uncle said if I want to gain big, I have to eat a lot. I eat a lot, but still nothing. Im a basketball varsity player. And I play a lot. Is there a connection between me playing a lot to why I can't gain muscle wait
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Mar 27, 2014, 08:01 AM
    You left out a critical piece of information... how old are you?
    CravenMorhead Posts: 4,532, Reputation: 1065
    Adult Sexuality Expert

Mar 27, 2014, 09:09 AM
    Gain muscle mass you need to weight train. Not just work out. You have to challenge and push your muscles. If you're working out at a gym, talk to a personal trainer about your goals.
    kingflash Posts: 18, Reputation: 1

Sep 12, 2014, 11:13 AM
    As said, you need to increase your calorie intake substantially, especailly if you play basketball a lot because that cardio will burn the calories you eat. Along with eating big, you have to lift big to get big.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Sep 12, 2014, 11:22 AM
    How do you work out? Do you have a trainer? Do you eat lots of protein? Or what's "a lot"?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How can a skinny guy gain mass and muscle in a short time? [ 2 Answers ]

I have weighed 150 for most of my life and am 6'1. I am trying to get built and lose my fat belly? Is there anyone whom might have a diet/excersize plan to help me do this in a fast manner?

Keeping Muscle Mass [ 5 Answers ]

I lift weights all winter to get in shape, but in the summer I don't have as much time to work out and I was wondering if there are exercises and foods to minimize loss of the muscle that I build during the winter.

Gaining weight & muscle mass [ 2 Answers ]

I am 26 years old male. 6'2" and only 130 lbs. I work out 6 days a week for 2 hrs a day, all weight training and zero cardio. In addition, I drink protein shakes every day after working out. For the life of me, I cannot gain muscle mass no matter what I do. It seems I've tried everything, but...

Gaining Muscle Mass [ 1 Answers ]

Hello I am 19 years old, 6'5" and currently 175 lbs. i want to get bigger in muscle to the point of what they call "jacked". My workouts are good and intense, but I can't seem to nail down this whole diet thing what are some good things to eat as far as protein and carbs and whatnot? What are some...

View more questions Search