Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Sephia8 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 25, 2014, 07:11 PM
    Updated 2 wire thermostat to electronic - still have to manually turn the heat off!
    We have an old 2 wire system too.
    We bought a Honeywell RTHL2510/RTHL2410 Series to replace an old round dial thermostat.

We did the whole R & W thing and while it "works" it doesn't STOP working. If we set a temp to be only 70º for example; it'll reach 70º but NOT turn off. It just keeps going and going.

We had installed the thermostat before we had moved in, so we could work on the house. The first time we came back to the house the thermostat said 99º! The day we worked on the house (and after opening so many windows just to cool the thing off) not once did it automatically turn off when it reached it's temp setting.

Is it our wiring? Is it the thermostat itself? What could be the problem?

Any help would be appreciative!
    HowHardCanItBe Posts: 46, Reputation: 2

Mar 31, 2014, 09:35 PM
    Call 1-800-468-1502 for wiring assistance from Honeywell. Could be that new T-stat is faulty.
    Grady White Posts: 1,417, Reputation: 59
    Ultra Member

Apr 1, 2014, 07:25 PM
    You could have a short in the thermostat wires. If you take the stat off the wall, does the furnace keep going?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How to wire thermostat for single stage heat pump with emergency electric heat [ 1 Answers ]

We have a Heat Controller single stage geo thermal heat pump. We also have installed some electric heat strips to use as an emergency. We ared using a Honeywell TH6220 Tstat. The system is supposed to lock out the heat pump when you select emergency heat on the tstat, but right now that is not...

2 wire heat thermostat and 2 wire air thermostat want to wire to a programmable [ 1 Answers ]

2 wire heat thermostat and 2 wire air thermostat want to wire both to a programmable thermostat, need wiring information

Updating 2 Wire Thermostat with Electronic Wireless [ 12 Answers ]

I've searched all the earlier Q&A and can't seem to find a matching problem. I am trying to replace an older 2 wire thermostat with a fancy, new wireless programmable thermostat. I am only running heat. I just want on/off and that's it. The furnace is a Burnham Series 2 Gas Boiler dated...

Heat, but only when I manually touch thermostat [ 1 Answers ]

I have gas heat and a very old thermostat. My thermostat has a round dial and I set the top for the desired temperature; the bottom supposedly represents the temperature of the house. When I make the top number higher than the lower number, the heat comes up perfectly and stops coming up when the...

2 wire thermostat with Electronic Wireless remote [ 2 Answers ]

I've found GregN had the same problem as me back in Nov 2005. I've read the all the posts, I don't understand how he wired the P474-1100REF with the 2 wire from old round thermostat. I've try the 24vac on the R and the other wire on W, and the system works sometime and the receiver LED dimmed...

View more questions Search