Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    renesme Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Mar 25, 2014, 08:17 AM
    Am I pregnant?
    On 2.5.2014 got my period. On 2.9 to the13.2014 I took clomid. I ovulated on the 2.28. 2014. Till now haven't got no period. I took 2 pregnancy test and they came out negative. I've had 2 days with hot flashes, I urinate more than usually. I've had 1 day with a strong pain in vagina and it felt like if it was swollen, and 1 of my areolas has like a darker brown around it and I have some bumps on the other areola. I've been having some small cramps here and there, but nothing comparing like when I'm going to get my period, LOL, and last I've been having clear mucus.

Am I pregnant?
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Mar 25, 2014, 08:21 AM
    Impossible to say either way.

Mar 25, 2014, 08:22 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Curlyben View Post
    Impossible to say either way.
    And y u say impodible
    CravenMorhead Posts: 4,532, Reputation: 1065
    Adult Sexuality Expert

Mar 25, 2014, 08:26 AM
    Congratulations you have PMS, or Pregnancy, or maybe a hormonial variation that is causing stuff to happen in your body.

The only real symptom of pregnancy is a missed period. What is your cycle like normally? Most cycles are about four weeks which would have put your ovulation on 19th and not the 28th. As well your body could be reaction to the clomid and not actually be pregnant. The majority of the symptoms that you're experiencing could be due to hormonal changes preceding a period. Symptoms like what you described appear far later in pregnancy and aren't an indication of pregnancy.
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Mar 25, 2014, 08:26 AM
    In ENGLISH... Full words... there are site rules prohibiting text or chat speak.
    DoulaLC Posts: 10,488, Reputation: 1952
    Uber Member

Mar 25, 2014, 12:40 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by renesme View Post
    On 2.5.2014 got my period. On 2.9 to the13.2014 I took clomid. I ovulated on the 2.28. 2014. Till now haven't got no period. I took 2 pregnancy test and they came out negative. I've had 2 days with hot flashes, I urinate more than usually. I've had 1 day with a strong pain in vagina and it felt like if it was swollen, and 1 of my areolas has like a darker brown around it and I have some bumps on the other areola. I've been having some small cramps here and there, but nothing comparing like when I'm going to get my period, LOL, and last I've been having clear mucus.

Am I pregnant?
    Hi renesme,

How long have you been using Clomid? Have your cycles been regular with Clomid? Have you also been using OPKs and charting your temp? Has your doctor been doing any follow-up to help determine whether you are ovulating with the Clomid? How did you determine that 2.28.14 was the day that you ovulated?

I know, many questions. As the others have said, pregnancy is possible, but you would need to test to know for certain as many early pregnancy symptoms can also be due to a period coming up or other changes in hormones.

Mar 25, 2014, 12:42 PM
    Because I used a ovulation kit as advised by the dr and I've on clomid for a while and this never happened and the symptoms I'm getting are nothing comparing to the ones wen I'm about to get my period and I'm also getting lots of clear mucus with out odor
    DoulaLC Posts: 10,488, Reputation: 1952
    Uber Member

Mar 25, 2014, 01:09 PM
    Has your doctor done blood work to determine whether the Clomid is helping you to ovulate? He or she should be doing so. The OPK shows you when your body is preparing to ovulate, but not necessarily that you actually have. It can be a helpful tool when you have regular cycles to know when you are most likely to be ovulating.

An abundance of clear mucus is most often associated with ovulation... often changing to a more creamy appearance when pregnant. Of course this doesn't mean it won't ever show up differently; it is just the norm.

Since you are experiencing something different for you this cycle, you might want to ask your doctor about having a blood test for pregnancy done. Otherwise, continue as you have been and see what happens when you would expect your period next month.

Hopefully, if it turns out that you aren't pregnancy this cycle, it won't take too much longer. Good luck!

Mar 25, 2014, 01:12 PM
    Sure will thank u
    But what about my areolas 1 haves a brown circle around it and the other 1 I have little bumps is that mormal?
    CravenMorhead Posts: 4,532, Reputation: 1065
    Adult Sexuality Expert

Mar 25, 2014, 03:32 PM
    Yup. Depending on the hormone use and the hormones that are being generated because of the clomid, it can cause changes. The other thing to keep in mind is that now that you're trying to conceive you're hyper aware of your body and how it's changing through out your cycle. How is your cycle? Regular? Irregular? What is your average cycle time? You never answered these questions. Regardless you are noticing changes that you wouldn't have when you're weren't trying to get pregnant. You're also desperately trying to find a clue or signal that it has or hasn't taken. This is part of why you're questioning this.

It is normal, but it isn't indicative of anything.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

1 Positive pregnant Test, 3 negative pregnant Tests, and 2 weeks late [ 13 Answers ]

I took a HPT the day after my missed period and it was positive. It was a digital first response. The next week I took 3 more tests and all were negative. I still have symptoms and I am now 2 weeks late on my period. I have a doctor's visit scheduled for the day that I would be 4 weeks late. ...

4th pregnant chance with previous history of blood clot during pregnant? [ 2 Answers ]

I would like to know if it is safe to have a 4th pregnancy with a history of blood clot in my 2nd pregnancy at 30 week? Should I see a gyne?

3 faint positive pregnant.test 2 negative -am I pregnant [ 6 Answers ]

I have taken 5 pregnancy test 3 (were pos.)of which are the same brand and the other two are the same. I had actually thrown the positive ones in the trash before they turned positive. They are faint lines but noticeable. I had one day of brown discharge the day before I expected my period which...

Could I be pregnant even after negative pregnant test when nuvaring taken out early? [ 1 Answers ]

I have a question to ask: So here's the history.I had a period and went to the OBGYN so that I could start Birth control. I started the Nuvaring in on September 1st, which was the last day of my period, I had gotten it Aug 28. I had sex and used a condom on the 1st. But then I didn't wait the 7...

View more questions Search