Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    odinn7 Posts: 7,691, Reputation: 1547
    Entomology Expert

Mar 24, 2014, 01:06 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Noone2014 View Post
    I don't know if I can speak to her, without breaking down or anyone if it was that easy I wouldn't have stopped talking. I haven't spoken in ages and to be honest I don't really want to I'm scared to if I could just act normal I'm such an idiot, I should have just acted normal and she would have never harassed me I get stupid me
    To me, this is the best thing you have said all day...it shows me that you seem to be getting it...

You know what? It's ok if you break down when talking...it really is. You're human. Talk to her and see how things go. I think you can do it.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Mar 24, 2014, 01:08 PM
    Now why would you be mad at yourself? I bet your mom is scared out of her wits her daughter is so unhappy and angry, but she is helpless to help. We often don't see the effects we have on others and maybe you are scaring your mom because she has no clue what's on your mind.

Where is your dad?
    Noone2014 Posts: 155, Reputation: 1

Mar 24, 2014, 01:39 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by talaniman View Post
    Now why would you be mad at yourself? I bet your mom is scared out of her wits her daughter is so unhappy and angry, but she is helpless to help. We often don't see the effects we have on others and maybe you are scaring your mom because she has no clue what's on your mind.

Where is your dad?
    I'm mad at myself for thinking that if I didn't talk then mum would never know that everything would be OK I'm mad for not being strong enough to be normal for not being able to talk and push things aside and be strong enough to not let her see.if I start talking maybe I can be strong enough to not let her see to be normal to apologise lie say I was just being stupid to hurt her. My dad does not live with us they are divorced he lives in a different state with his new wife and my new little sister
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Mar 24, 2014, 01:51 PM
    I don't know if I can speak to her, without breaking down or anyone if it was that easy I wouldn't have stopped talking. I haven't spoken in ages and to be honest I don't really want to I'm scared to if I could just act normal I'm such an idiot, I should have just acted normal and she would have never harassed me I get stupid me
    You know if that going to be the hardest thing you will have to do... you will have actually lived a charmed life. The more you sit and think about it... the easier it is to convince yourself its going to be hard to do. Sometimes a person can be their own wost enemy. This is one of those times. Talk to your mom... and if you break down, then you do... its not a huge deal... like I said.. if you think this is hard... Try losing a parent or sibling Nothing is harder than that except losing your own child. Perspective... like I said. Compared to that... this will be easy.

Mar 24, 2014, 02:02 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by smoothy View Post
    You know if that going to be the hardest thing you will have to do... you will have actually lived a charmed life. The more you sit and think about it... the easier it is to convince yourself its going to be hard to do. Sometimes a person can be their own wost enemy. This is one of those times. Talk to your mom... and if you break down, then you do... its not a huge deal... like I said.. if you think this is hard... Try losing a parent or sibling Nothing is harder than that except losing your own child. Perspective... like I said. Compared to that... this will be easy.
    When you put it like that I can't imagine how I would feel if I lost my mum or sister. But I just don't know if I have the courage to tell her the truth I don't think I ready to. I will try to speak with her later I have to go to school soon, I know I don't want to hurt her any more I realise that now but how do you tell someone something so bad that it disgusts you to even think about it and you know that person will be so mad and hurt, I don't know thanks for the advise helped a lot maybe I can get some sleep tonight when I get home from school fingers crossed
    Expert

Mar 24, 2014, 02:13 PM
    Be less stress if you were NOT afraid to talk to your mom, and less anger too. A little COURAGE will go a lot further than fear.

Mar 24, 2014, 07:54 PM
    I can't do it, I can't speak to her I came home early cause I had a study block. I gave mum a hug and she started crying I couldn't even look at her I had to walk away if she cries when I hug her it's only going to get worse if I talk to her. I don't want to do this to her, I'm so confused think I need sleep but I know that's not going to happen. I'd rather her just think I'm being a brat why can't she just be mad at me and ignore me instead of wanting to talk. I know you said it's because she cares but she shouldn'tshouldn't
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Mar 24, 2014, 08:02 PM
    So? Grow a spine and do it. Part of growing up is doing things you don't WANT to do... but HAVE to do. Consider it one step in many of growing up. You aren't a child any more...but you aren't an adult yet either. Look forward...not backward.
    Homegirl 50 Posts: 10,794, Reputation: 2604
    Dating & Teen Expert

Mar 24, 2014, 08:03 PM
    Did something happen to you that you are afraid to tell her about?
    This will only get worse if you don't open up and tell her about it. As hard as it is to talk about, it will be a relief when it is finally off your chest
    odinn7 Posts: 7,691, Reputation: 1547
    Entomology Expert

Mar 24, 2014, 08:03 PM
    Perhaps she was crying because she was happy. You think her crying right now is bad? It will be worse if you hugged her, she cried, you walked away, and then continued doing what you were doing before. Move forward. Grow some balls and do it. It will be hard to do but it will get better.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Mar 24, 2014, 08:05 PM
    I gave mum a hug and she started crying I couldn't even look at her I had to walk away if she cries when I hug her it's only going to get worse if I talk to her. I don't want to do this to her
    This is EXACTLY what both of you need. I'm a mom and am guessing she is so happily surprised with the hug you gave her. Her tears (and yours too) will be tears of relief, not of upset.

Mar 24, 2014, 08:15 PM
    I don't even know if I can talk my voice sound all funny and my throat is all scratchy and he's here now so I think I'll leave it for today.grow some balls if only it was as easy not that I imagine that would be easy. I know I just have to talk to her say sorry and move on right shouldn't be to hard god I need sleep my head feels scrambled.
    Dating & Teen Expert

Mar 24, 2014, 08:17 PM
    Talk to your mom and get it over with. At least it will be off your chest and it may not be as bad as you think.

Mar 24, 2014, 08:31 PM
    Seriously there must be something wrong with me it's easy to sit here and type and listen to what strangers have to say but I can't walk down stairs and talk to my mum I'm not scared of talking to her it's just that I don't trust myself to only say what she needs to hear. It's times like this I wished I smoked or something just to make it all go away.
    Dating & Teen Expert

Mar 24, 2014, 08:34 PM
    Say what needs to be say. Don't over think or analyze it, just say it.

Mar 24, 2014, 08:43 PM
    I don't need to say anything I'm quiet happy to be silent for the rest of my life I actually like the quiet. I don't speak because I don't want her to know certain things she can't know it would hurt her. But I don't want to hurt her by not speaking and obviously from what you have all said it I am, so if I talk to her I just don't know how to do I just say hi mum how's it going I know she's going to want to ask me things and I don't like lying to her that's why it's easier not to speak. How do you start a conversation after not speaking to anyone for months confused
    Expert

Mar 24, 2014, 08:52 PM
    he's here now
    Who?

I'm not scared of talking to her it's just that I don't trust myself to only say what she needs to hear.
    That's not the point of heartfelt HONESTY, that deceptive.

It's times like this I wished I smoked or something just to make it all go away.
    You already are making an excuse to avoid doing the hard things you don't want to but should, and looking for the easy way out that will solve nothing. That's not the kind of thinking you need. Everybody I think looks for an easier way to do a difficult tasks but those kinds of tactics are but avoidance and never resolve anything except to delay doing the right thing.

Its like killing the pain, and hoping it doesn't come back. You know it will.
    mimmysd Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 24, 2014, 09:30 PM
    Don't be angry with your mom, she is probably trying to help you, like most moms do.
    She prob. Went through the same as you, that is why she wants to help you out... her mom prob. Did the same thing.
    Just relax, take deep breaths, love your mom... and...
    You will enjoy life more...
    :)
    Maybe, praying to God might help! :)

If you do what you are meant to do, stay out of everyone else business and talk to your parents and friends about everything and they will be able to help you out.
    Friends will help you out if you listen and talk to them... just remember... just relax, take deep breaths, love your mom and talk to her, and enjoy life :)

Mar 24, 2014, 10:08 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by talaniman View Post
    Who?

That's not the point of heartfelt HONESTY, that deceptive.

You already are making an excuse to avoid doing the hard things you don't want to but should, and looking for the easy way out that will solve nothing. That's not the kind of thinking you need. Everybody I think looks for an easier way to do a difficult tasks but those kinds of tactics are but avoidance and never resolve anything except to delay doing the right thing.

Its like killing the pain, and hoping it doesn't come back. You know it will.
    He is my mothers partner. The reason I don't speak is because I simply don't have to be deceptive or lie but it seems from everybody's advise that that is not the way to go either so I'll sit here and think. Maybe she won't ask me why I haven't been talking to her.Yeah right stupid me now I think about it I just created this mess all myself if I could have just acted normal

It's hard to try and find a way out of this, I will just talk to her but if she wants to know why I'm telling her I'm just a rude disrespectful hormonal teenager who couldn't deal with her stuff and thought I'd make everyone else's life hell and she can punish me how ever she likes then everyone will be happy.end of story once he's gone I will speak to her
    Dating & Teen Expert

Mar 25, 2014, 08:19 AM
    What have you done that is so horrible that you're taking yourself through all these changes? You are not smarter than your mom, you can't fool her.
    You may as well talk to her and get it over with.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

How to deal with stress and depression at work? [ 3 Answers ]

Hey everyone! Some of you know that I am working as a temp and that I bounce from office to office everyone 6-9 months. Some of the offices I have been sent to, I liked. But the one I am at now... don't like so much. My duties at this job are to "play" as a receptionist. Now my role as a temp...

How to deal with anxiety and stress? [ 6 Answers ]

I'm halfway throughout my school year and for the past 1.5 years, I haven't really been feeling like myself. My school offers the IB program, and stupidly I chose not to join it and now it's become the biggest regret I have. I thought everything would still be the same and that I'd still be...

How do I deal with post tramatic stress disorder? [ 13 Answers ]

My name is christina, I am 24. I feel like I'm 64. In the past 3 years I have lost a childhood friend to cancer, I have failed at a job, and dropped out of college. But I think the real problems started happening about 2 years ago when I was involved in an armed robbery, where I was hogged tied,...

View more questions Search