Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Noone2014 Posts: 155, Reputation: 1

Apr 1, 2014, 01:41 PM
    I spoke with Famlies SA they asked heaps of question even questions about my mum made me angry my mum never did anything wrong. Lots of personal stuff they wanted to know so sick of these questions. I have to go into their offices once a week to speak with a councillor I don't want to but mum says I don't have a choice. It seems like I don't get to make any choices for myself anymore I'm so over it. Now mum wants to take me to the doctors she thinks I'm friggin depressed I don't think I just sick of everything.
    Homegirl 50 Posts: 10,794, Reputation: 2604
    Dating & Teen Expert

Apr 1, 2014, 01:57 PM
    Your going to a counselor is a good thing, you need to go and your mom wanting you to go the doctor is a good thing as well. These people know more and better than you.

Apr 1, 2014, 02:12 PM
    What happens when you go to counselling? Why is it a good thing? I don't really understand how this is going to help, I think it will just be easier to forget about it
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Apr 1, 2014, 02:41 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Noone2014 View Post
    What happens when you go to counselling? Why is it a good thing? I don't really understand how this is going to help, I think it will just be easier to forget about it
    I'm a counselor. You won't be given the 3rd degree and asked tons of questions. I've counseled lots of kids/teens and first made a good personal connection with each one. I'm guessing that's what your counselor will do. Then the counselor will find out your strengths and coping mechanisms, plus help you figure out more.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Apr 1, 2014, 02:58 PM
    It's the difference between healing and hurting because there is no forgetting. Haven't you suffered enough doing it YOUR way?

Apr 3, 2014, 01:34 PM
    Mum took me to the doctors he put me on something called Zoloft not quite sure what its for asked mum she just said I have to take it everyday. I hate them they make me feel sick when I took the first one so I just pretend to take it now. Mum said I can go back to school today I'm happy even though there is only one week left then were on school holidays but at least I get to be there for the sports carnival today I love doing the cross country running.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Apr 3, 2014, 02:25 PM
    The Zoloft is probably for depression and anxiety. (Hint: Ask your mom what it's for in your case.)

I'm glad you're posting again and are getting back into life. How far do the cross-country runners run? (i.e., tell me more about that).
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Apr 3, 2014, 02:28 PM
    There you go, trying to do it your way again, and not listening. Take your meds. Add a bit of honey or lemon and do as you are told.
    Dating & Teen Expert

Apr 3, 2014, 04:03 PM
    Take your medicine. You don't just stop taking Zoloft and you are once again trying to do things your way. Obey your mom and doctor. Take your medicine.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Apr 3, 2014, 07:51 PM
    Zoloft is for anxiety and/or depression. It is quite obvious this is what you are suffering from, and rightly so given what you have been through.

You may not have to take this all of your life, but it will help you get over what has been going on.

If Families SA finds out that you are not taking your medication as you have been told to, it is possible that they could remove you from your mother and place you in foster care because you are not doing what you are told and she is not enforcing it.

There is a reason that ADULTS are trying to help you. That reason is that you are too young to be able to do it on your own. Stop being so pigheaded and get the help you so seriously need.

Apr 3, 2014, 08:26 PM
    I'm not trying to be pigheaded they just make me feel like I want to throw up and make me feel funny. God it's so frustrating I don't think I really need o take these pills. They don't make me feel any better. As far as mum knows I am taking them it's not like she watches me take them.I just don't like them.

Apr 3, 2014, 08:29 PM
    I tried looking up what they are but don't really understand what they are how can taking a pill help? Just confused
    Dating & Teen Expert

Apr 3, 2014, 08:47 PM
    They will make you feel yucky for a while but that will go away as your system adjusts. You are not going to feel better instantly. The medicine has to get in your system. Once again you are making decisions about things you know little about. Your mom and the doctor are there to help you. Let them. They know more than you do.
    Expert

Apr 3, 2014, 08:51 PM
    They will make you feel puny for a few days before you start to feel better. That's all normal.

As Homegirl said you are trying to make decisions about things you know nothing about. Because you are being defiant you risk Families SA to take drastic measures to ensure your safety.
    Dating & Teen Expert

Apr 3, 2014, 08:55 PM
    Just do as they are telling you to. You don't know best, they do. As J_9 says, don't risk Families SA to take drastic measures to ensure your safety.

Apr 4, 2014, 05:31 AM
    Why do u keep saying that "my way" I done it the way u said and it made worse I'm drank tonight and I feel good but u say its bad. I like to not think u make me feel so guilty I don't want to get thaken away but I don't want to take pills that make me sick I'm very confused I frogging hate him why did this happen I hate him he ruined mylfe I'm sorry I am. Somad f@$k everything
    Expert

Apr 4, 2014, 05:46 AM
    You don't want to take pills that make you "sick" but you are drinking alcohol that will make you sicker. That makes no sense.

I'm done here. You don't want to help yourself, you just want to wallow in self pity. There is nothing more we can do.
    Dating & Teen Expert

Apr 4, 2014, 08:12 AM
    Will drinking is certainly not the answer, in fact it is reckless. Keep that up and you will seem out of control and your mother will seem like a bad parent. We have told you what you need to do, which is do the counseling and take the medication. You will begin to feel better. You don't want to do what you need to do, you only want to do what your teenage mind tells you that you want.
    Expert

Apr 4, 2014, 08:22 AM
    Homegirl, there is nothing else we can say or do. Noon refuses all help that is offered to her, whether it be online or in person. Anything else we say here is a waste of our time. We are better off helping those who actually want help.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Apr 4, 2014, 08:24 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Noone2014 View Post
    I tried looking up what they are but don't really understand what they are how can taking a pill help? Just confused
    What do you think would help you the most?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

How to deal with stress and depression at work? [ 3 Answers ]

Hey everyone! Some of you know that I am working as a temp and that I bounce from office to office everyone 6-9 months. Some of the offices I have been sent to, I liked. But the one I am at now... don't like so much. My duties at this job are to "play" as a receptionist. Now my role as a temp...

How to deal with anxiety and stress? [ 6 Answers ]

I'm halfway throughout my school year and for the past 1.5 years, I haven't really been feeling like myself. My school offers the IB program, and stupidly I chose not to join it and now it's become the biggest regret I have. I thought everything would still be the same and that I'd still be...

How do I deal with post tramatic stress disorder? [ 13 Answers ]

My name is christina, I am 24. I feel like I'm 64. In the past 3 years I have lost a childhood friend to cancer, I have failed at a job, and dropped out of college. But I think the real problems started happening about 2 years ago when I was involved in an armed robbery, where I was hogged tied,...

View more questions Search