Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    nguye113 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 23, 2014, 11:18 PM
    Updating Software
    While I was performing my recommended windows vista update, I followed instructions with restarting my computing. Once I turned my computer back on I noticed that I didn't have sound and my speakers aren't functioning. What do I do?
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Mar 23, 2014, 11:35 PM
    Reinstall the sound drivers for your machine.
    Appzalien Posts: 540, Reputation: 57

Mar 25, 2014, 06:17 AM
    I use windows update for criticals only. I might look in hardware updates to see what MS recommends, but in the past when I used them it only screwed me up so I do any sound drivers or video drivers from the manufacturers site only. Both the critical updates and the software updates are usually OK but anything to do with hardware avoid. For one, your supposed to uninstall previous versions before installing the new. Do you think MS does that for you? I have also seen drivers listed for hardware I do not even own. So watch out.
    Appzalien Posts: 540, Reputation: 57

Mar 27, 2014, 12:24 PM
    Use system restore to go back to when you did your updates. You'll have to redo them but avoid any hardware updates this time. If system restore fails from within windows try doing it from safe mode. Just reinstalling your sound drivers may leave the wrong ones that screwed you up still there and cause conflicts.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How I can find the record of fifty software supplying websites to submit software? [ 0 Answers ]

I have recently started working as an seo expert on a site. I have finished some Directory Submission projects. Today I've got a project to submit software on over 50 software related site. I was beginning software associated site on Google. But all efforts are in vain. If someone knows how I can...

Will downloading apple software cause problems with any Microsoft software [ 1 Answers ]

Have downloaded Itunes software and was wondering if it would cause conflict with my other music and video files

Trouble with software updating [ 2 Answers ]

I am having trouble downloading the updates for my computer it will download it and then it tell me to restart it but when I do it stops at like 2% and freezes at configuring. I have tried to download it again but it keeps doing the same thing. Any ideas with what might be wrong or any ideas on how...

Updating a to a RTH7000 [ 1 Answers ]

I have an old Honeywell thermostat (HH93AZ050) and want to install a new Honeywell RTH7000. My setup has a one unit under the house, and 2 zones (one for upstairs and one for downstairs) I am changing the upstairs to the rth 7000. The question is, the manual was not very clear, on this. ...

View more questions Search