Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tshogg Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 22, 2014, 07:05 PM
    Heater works, but we have NO hot water?
    We have a tankless water heater (Aquastar at least 10 years old). I had to have a plumber install flush valves last year, because it had none and I didn't realize it had to be cleaned with vinegar. We have cleaned it with vinegar. I have also let the vinegar heat up to ensure the unit is working and the vinegar gets VERY hot. However, when we run water it does NOT. The water at faucets is about 76-78 degrees. Showers are even worse. If I turn on the sink AND shower I can warm it up enough to tolerate it! If I turn off the hot water to the house, the faucets in the kitchen and bathroom sinks will go off (when hot water only is turned on). In the showers, there is a trickle of water in both the cold and hot positions when the hot water is turned off to the house. Is there just a bleed over causing this? Would a bleed over in the showers cause the problems at the sinks too? Thanks for any help!

Troy
    massplumber2008 Posts: 12,832, Reputation: 1212
    Senior Plumbing Expert

Mar 23, 2014, 06:46 AM
    If I turn off the hot water to the house, the faucets in the kitchen and bathroom sinks will go off (when hot water only is turned on).
    This statement makes no sense, but it really doesn't matter as we can't really help with a problem like this. Here, these tankless water heaters are notoriously finicky and we could spend tons and tons of time troubleshooting back and forth and still not arrive at the problem.

In this case, you should probably call the plumber back and have him fix the VOLUME/FLOW issue...;)

Good luck!

Mark

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Why don't I have any hot water when the heater works fine? [ 7 Answers ]

I have a furnace that uses the hot water from my water tank/heater to produce the heat for my house, but I have little/no hot water. I had the water heater rental company check the heater and it is working fine (and set on the hotest setting). Why don't I have any hot water for a shower? ...

No hot water coming out of hot water side only cold... hot water heater is working [ 3 Answers ]

Hello, I need help bad. I am a woman writing to you whose husband has given up on the problem and will no longer work on this. He doesn't care if we have hot water cause he can take a shower at work. I cannot. It is the dead of winter here in Colorado. We had frozen pipes that burst in the wall...

No hot water upstairs but works downstairs tankless water heater [ 2 Answers ]

I have a noritz america nr71-sv tankless gas water heater no hot water upstairs shower and sink works fine in kitchen and downstairs shower and sink what is the problem?

New hot water heater installed, but no hot water pressure. Plenty of cold water? [ 11 Answers ]

Hi, I own a small plumbing service and have a problem I've never encountered before. I installed a new top vented gas water heater for a customer. Turned the main back on, bled air out of the lines, etc. Problem is there is no hot water pressure throughout the house. Cold water pressure is fine....

View more questions Search