Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jessicablase Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 22, 2014, 12:16 PM
    What is the best type of food to feed your doberman so they become big and bulky?
    My 12 week old male Doberman had pretty good weight on him before we got him but now he has lost weight . I don't know if its because he's active or what but he eats but he wants to play more than he wants to eat. We feed him iams for large breed. Please help.
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Mar 22, 2014, 12:33 PM
    He is only12 weeks old, I would not worry about trying to bulk him up now, but Dobies are very lean, never heavy. I would say, continue the way you are going. You say he is active, and don't forget he is a working breed so likes lots of running and walking which will also keep him looking they way he should, long and lean. They are a beautiful breed of dog.
    Catsmine Posts: 3,826, Reputation: 739
    Pest Control Expert

Mar 22, 2014, 12:37 PM
    You hear as many opinions on food as there are dog owners on the site. My family has raised Dobes for Shows since the 60s, and we've always done well with Purina products. Iams is okay. We're using PurinaOne right now, as that brand uses more meat protein than the rest of the Purina lines.

At 12 weeks he should be starting on his height spurts, but if his weight drops as much as 3% get him to the Vet for a checkup and worms test.

Congratulations on your lap rug.
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Mar 22, 2014, 12:41 PM
    Wondering if OP meant to say 12 months old, not 12 weeks old ?
    odinn7 Posts: 7,691, Reputation: 1547
    Entomology Expert

Mar 22, 2014, 01:30 PM
    I need to point something out....12 weeks....lost weight....has he been to the vet? He could have worms. If he hasn't been to the vet and been checked, you need to get this done.
    Cat1864 Posts: 8,007, Reputation: 3687
    Marriage Expert

Mar 22, 2014, 01:35 PM
    Have you had him weighed or are you going by looks?

How long have you had him?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

What food do you feed a doberman [ 3 Answers ]

What would you feed a 10months old doberman we have tried a lot of different foods. How can u build them up

How Important is the Type and/or Brand of Dry Food That You Feed a Cat? [ 15 Answers ]

Hi, All! Okay, some people swear by the expensive stuff. For the most part, I'm always buying the cheap stuff that's mostly corn. I used to have two cats. Now, I have only one. (No pun intended there! LOL! :D) The one that died had cancer. The one that remains is her son. He's about 17...

What type of fallacy is this: It takes someone with a really big heart to give to our [ 2 Answers ]

What type of fallacy is this: It takes someone with a really big heart to give to our charity, and you seem like someone who cares more than most.

200 AMP Electrical Service Feed Wire Size/Type [ 1 Answers ]

Good Morning, I live in the Chula Vista, CA area. (San Diego). I built a granny flat. I have a 400AMP underground service from the street to a 2 meter base on my existing home. 200 AMPS for the front house on one meter, and 200 AMPS for the rear house on another meter. There are two, 200AMP...

What should I feed my Doberman [ 3 Answers ]

I just adopted a 1 year old female Doberman. She is the most wonderful dog. I am concerned because she is not eating well and losing weight. I would like to know what is the proper nutrition and maybe get some receipes for her. Thanks Kimber

View more questions Search