Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    love-nay-army Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 22, 2014, 09:49 AM
    Drunk make out with my good guy friend. What to do now?
    I kind of have a problem concerning making out/ hooking up with one of my guy friends.

Back story: we would always greet each other with a hug and so forth and we have one class together. It all started after our schools Valentines Ball. The day after the ball he started complimenting me on how beautiful I looked, of course I was flattered, he is a very handsome guy after all. I just thanked him for his compliment and got on with my work. After a while he called my name and as I looked over to him he said that he wants to ask me something, so I agreed. In a teasing, joking way he asked me if he could marry me. I know he was only kidding so I played along and said "yes we can, but not yet okay, I want to finish school first". So this became our little game/joke. I would like write him a letter for Valentines Day, but in the joking manner by referring to him as "my man", and he would refer to me as his "wife'. When I'm in his company as well as some of our friends he would tell them that we are gonna get married some day, still in his joking fashion. If he sees me wearing something nice, he would joke and say that he keeps falling more and more in love with me and I would play along.

After this little joke of ours we've been to 2 party's together where nothing has happened. I would say hi with a hug and chat throughout the night about nothing specifically and he would make statements regarding our little joke, but last night we were at a friends house. We were all drinking wine and dancing and just enjoying the company. Every time he would see me he would come over and say hi like its the first time he saw me that night. Then he would ask how I'm doing, to with I would answer "I'm good and how are you? Then he would reply "suddenly a lot better" and he would hug me and walk away. I got a little tipsy as the night went by. Just as I was about to leave he said that he's going to drive with me to the gate. He got in the passenger side and we drove to the gate. When we got to the gate I got out to say goodbye, and just as I finished hugging him, he asked if he could get a kiss, and so I gave him a kiss, which obviously escalated and we ended up making out. We got into the back seat of my car and carried on making out for a while. He tried to put his hand down my pants but I rejected him by moving his hands away and placing it in my sides. He tried to put his hands under my bra to feel my boobs but I wouldn't let him. He also asked if I would like to do it, I said no (I'm still a virgin). He did well feel me up through my clothes and we kind of dry humped but that was all. After more than an hour of making out. I went home. I messaged him saying thanks for a fun night. He said thanks too and that he enjoyed the evening a lot. this morning he messaged me saying he hopes I have a good day and good luck with my studying today.

See he is a party guy and I know its nothing funny to him for making out with girls and feeling them up. So I know I'm probably seeing too much into this, but the thing is I am kind of ashamed for what I let this kiss escalate to and what does this all mean for our friendship, and how should I face / approach him at school without making a big deal out of it by being awkward? should I act as if it never happened and just be cool about it. Should I talk to him about it? If I do what do I say to him?
    Homegirl 50 Posts: 10,794, Reputation: 2604
    Dating & Teen Expert

Mar 22, 2014, 12:23 PM
    You make sure you are not in the position for this to happen again with him. He make try to get alone with you again. You tell him No! You don't want this to happen again.
    How old are you? Stay away from alcohol if you are under age.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Mar 22, 2014, 01:03 PM
    How old are you both? Many a baby has been drunkenly conceived in a car. But if you don't want a repeat performance don't get drunk at parties, and don't make out with guys you have no relationship with, and stop flirting with handsome hormone driven young guys.

Alcohol and familiarity between the sexes can get carried away by the moment of opportunity, being alone! Don't be alone. Now you know what can happen, and I hope guilt or shame will give you the experience to know better in the future. No doubt he may try again, who wouldn't? Then you can talk and set the boundaries of good behavior in the future.
    carolmonroe38 Posts: 53, Reputation: 8

Mar 22, 2014, 01:23 PM
    As you said, he's a party guy and won't think much about it. Just act normally and it's really not a big deal.

I used to make out some when I was younger and I didn't attach any meaning to it.
    Homegirl 50 Posts: 10,794, Reputation: 2604
    Dating & Teen Expert

Mar 22, 2014, 04:46 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by carolmonroe38 View Post
    As you said, he's a party guy and won't think much about it. Just act normally and it's really not a big deal.
    I used to make out some when I was younger and I didn't attach any meaning to it.
    She is not you and we don't know how old she is. To some girls, making out is a big deal. If he thinks you are easy and he can get to second base the next time, or talks about it to his guy friends, it is a big deal.
    Alcohol, making out and teenagers is not a good combination. Don't allow yourself to be alone with this guy again and stay away from alcohol.
    carolmonroe38 Posts: 53, Reputation: 8

Mar 22, 2014, 07:18 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Homegirl 50 View Post
    She is not you and we don't know how old she is. To some girls, making out is a big deal. If he thinks you are easy and he can get to second base the next time, or talks about it to his guy friends, it is a big deal.
    Alcohol, making out and teenagers is not a good combination. Don't allow yourself to be alone with this guy again and stay away from alcohol.
    I thought she sounded worried about feeling awkward the next time they met. She said he was a "party guy" which implied that he does this a lot and would probably not interpret this as the beginning of a relationship.

She obviously values his friendship and I can understand why. He seems like a good guy and she sounds like a good person as well.

Somebody already said she should watch her alcohol intake so I didn't feel the need to repeat it.
    _init_ Posts: 30, Reputation: 3

Apr 3, 2014, 12:12 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by carolmonroe38 View Post
    I thought she sounded worried about feeling awkward the next time they met. She said he was a "party guy" which implied that he does this a lot and would probably not interpret this as the beginning of a relationship. She obviously values his friendship and I can understand why. He seems like a good guy and she sounds like a good person as well. Somebody already said she should watch her alcohol intake so I didn't feel the need to repeat it.
    I can think of a lot of things to describe a guy who would take advantage of a girl like this, and "good" is not one of them.To the OP, alcohol loosens the tongue and clouds the mind. Stay away from it as much as possible, and away from guys who are interested in making out/going all the way. Please, be smart, and don't do anything you'll regret later. I think you should pretend it never happened, and make sure he doesn't get you in such a comprimising situation again.
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Apr 3, 2014, 05:05 AM
    First rule of order is stop getting drunk... you put yourself in that situation by your own actions by getting plastered for no good reasons what-so-ever.

That doesn't sbsolve him of any responsibility either... but if you were sober you could have avoided the situation completely. Two drunks doing something under the influence share responsibility for it.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My best friend likes a guy who I know, and he's not a good guy [ 4 Answers ]

Ok so my friend, who's a girl, likes this guy that I really don't get along with at all. Should I tell her things about him, or let things just happen on there own? Like should I try to kind of warn her about him, or just let her find out. Basically I know he's going to either cheat on her, or dump...

Friend want to lose virginity to a guy to make him like her [ 3 Answers ]

My friend Emma wants to lose her Virginity to this guy who is in Melbourne. (We are in Sydney) She met him early this year, while she was in Melb but she saw him for a few hours got his number then the next day came back to Syd. They got to talking and she started really liking him. She...

Will you go out with the guy that your good friend likes? [ 4 Answers ]

Hi all, I don't know what to do so maybe you guys can help to give some sound advice. My girl friend likes this guy and she has taken initiatives to strike a conversation with this guy by like facebooking him and texted him over his mobile. But he is not exactly very enthusiastic about her...

I am in love in a good friend, but I am a shy guy [ 3 Answers ]

Hey everyone hope you can help me here :) I have a good friend, but I am in love with her. I have been it for a long time(years), and I think about her all the time and I have tried several times to tell her, but as soon I try to tell her I get really nervous and can't say a word. After...

Can good guy friend become boyfriend? [ 5 Answers ]

Haven't been around for awhile. Am happy to tell you all that (I think) I'm pretty much moved on from my ex of 5 years who has been a big jerk when he broke up with me. Reason I say so was because recently my ex called again after no contacts for months and he said he wants me back. Yet, he is...

View more questions Search