Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jjones1980 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Mar 21, 2014, 07:49 AM
    Turn signal won't blink.
    I bought a used 1999 softail with no maual. When I turn on the turn signals, the rear signals stay solid, won't blink. And the fronts do nothing. I know very little about bikes, and I'm hoping its something simple like a fuse or a bulb. Please help.
    odinn7 Posts: 7,691, Reputation: 1547
    Entomology Expert

Mar 21, 2014, 07:51 AM
    Replace the front bulbs and see how that goes. Sounds like the front is out.

Mar 21, 2014, 08:08 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by odinn7 View Post
    Replace the front bulbs and see how that goes. Sounds like the front is out.
    OK. But when I said that the fronts do nothing, I meant to say they just stay lit. so I don think that it could be a bulb. Maybe relay? I don't know.
    Entomology Expert

Mar 21, 2014, 08:13 AM
    See, now that's different. You said the rear stay solid and won't blink and the front's do nothing. I took that to mean that they don't even light up. If the lights come on, front and back, and don't blink, then the first thing you go for is a relay.

Mar 21, 2014, 08:15 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by odinn7 View Post
    See, now that's different. You said the rear stay solid and won't blink and the front's do nothing. I took that to mean that they don't even light up. If the lights come on, front and back, and don't blink, then the first thing you go for is a relay.
    Cool. That's what I was thinking. Sorry about that. Thanks.
    Stratmando Posts: 11,188, Reputation: 508
    Uber Member

Mar 21, 2014, 10:57 AM
    Remove the Flasher, if the front bulbs remain lit, you may have a wiring problem. To try and clear up your statement, sounds like both fron and rear stay solid? If so, and removing flasher puts all bulbs out, then you may have a bad Flasher.
    Do you have a TSSM(Turn Signal Security Module), Your flashers go through it and also disables Starter and Ignition.
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Mar 21, 2014, 11:28 AM
    THough I'm not familiar with that model Harley, mine is a LOT older than that one... turn signals alternate front back, front back, meaning if the flasher isn't working one would typically be on while the other is off on a given side... they don't flash together.
    Entomology Expert

Mar 27, 2014, 08:48 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by nazia08 View Post
    The flasher unit. . Go to the parts store and order a flasher for your make and model then look under the dash until you find the part that looks like the one you bought and replace it with the one you bought.
    There usually isn't a dash board on a motorcycle...just sayin'

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

1996 dodge ram 1500 brake lights won't light up turn signal and running light do [ 2 Answers ]

My 1996 Dodge Ram 1500 Tail Lights will work with my turn signals and running lights however, they won't work whenver I engage the brakes!

Why do the turn signals on 2003 crown vic blink fast sometimes? [ 1 Answers ]

All the bulbs are good. Checked them, then changed out all just to make sure. They don't blink fast all the time, just sometimes. It will start slow like they are supposed to, then blink fast for a few blinks then go back to slow then fast... CRAZY, it's like they have a mind of their own. Any...

Turn signals on 2003 crown vic blink fast sometimes? [ 0 Answers ]

All the bulbs are good. Checked them, then changed out all just to make sure. They don't blink fast all the time, just sometimes. It will start slow like they are supposed to, then blink fast for a few blinks then go back to slow then fast... CRAZY Any Ideas?

View more questions Search