Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jhchance Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 20, 2014, 09:21 AM
    Toilet leaking I know tank valve needs replacing, but supply line is leaking?
    My upstairs toilet is leaking, & I'm trying to diagnose the problem. I know that the tank valve needs replacing (we have to turn the water off once we flush & allow it to fill back up-which is a royal pain!), but the water supply line valve is leaking-1st, we had to turn the supply line valve off & turn really tight to keep from leaking onto floor, but now we have to turn it all the way on/to the left tight to keep from leaking. Once we replace the tank valve, will this help the supply line valve from leaking?
    massplumber2008 Posts: 12,832, Reputation: 1212
    Senior Plumbing Expert

Mar 20, 2014, 11:15 AM
    If I understand you here, I would replace the shutoff valve AND the supply line as it is a very inexpensive part.

Mark

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Toilet leaking from supply line only when toilet runs [ 4 Answers ]

The toilet is completely dry. When it flushes normally, it stays dry. On occasion the toilet will not turn off and continue to run (I've checked each part and cannot find a reason why it would run once in a blue moon but turn off normal 99% of the time). So when it does run and we don't notice, the...

Leaking pipe to toilet water supply valve [ 2 Answers ]

I have a persistent leak that appears to be coming from the base of my toilet. If I go under the house there is a dripping leak that runs down the large collection pipe and the subfloor surrounding it gets saturated. 3 different plumbers have replaced the wax rings and reconnected the toilet but...

Supply line leaking at comp fitting on sink shutoff valve [ 5 Answers ]

I'm using the armored flexible water supply lines for my kitchen sink's faucet. The 3/8 fitting attached to the cold water shut-off valve under the sink is dripping. The flex hose's 3/8 connection end has a rubber washer inside the nut that comes into contact with the face of the compression nipple...

Toilet tank valve turned off and its still leaking! [ 1 Answers ]

I really need help. I live in a two story row home, and my upstairs toilet tank leaks into my downstairs dining room ceiling whenever it is used. We have controlled this problem by keeping the valve shut off at the tank. But now the valve is turned off but the toilet is still making water sounds...

View more questions Search