Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sono Posts: 19, Reputation: 1

Apr 3, 2007, 08:01 AM
    Is meetings important
    Hey every one!
    I want to know is meetings improtant in a relationships.. my boy friend wants to meet me I I don't want this I am scared something bad colud happen or my parents whould know this they will get hurt but I love this guy what should I do should I meet him..? once I told him OK we will meet in café or any coffee shop but he deny this he said I want you to meet me at my home... I want to ask what is this am confused I want to scure myself and don't want any wrong thing t happened to myself.. or like my parents whold know and they will get hurt what should I do tell me he says he love me a lot want to meet me... :confused:
    manimuth Posts: 261, Reputation: 60

Apr 3, 2007, 09:33 AM
    sono, what do you mean by "meeting"? Do you mean sex or a date? If it is sex, no, you should not do anything you are not ready for or comfortable with. How do your parents enter this situation? How old are you?

Do not let your boyfriend pressure you into doing anything you don't want to do. You are your own person and he needs to respect your wishes. If he doesn't respect your wishes and doesn't seem to understand the meaning of the word "no", tell him 'peace out' and find a boy friend who respects and cares about your wants. If you break down and do something that you don't want to do, not only will you loose self-respect, he will loose respect for you and will have no qualms about using you again. So, use your head, be assertive, and be safe. :)
    Matt3046 Posts: 831, Reputation: 128

Apr 3, 2007, 10:39 AM
    I am not really understanding what this is all about. Could you restate the question. You have a boyfriend you have never met?
    Mae West Posts: 10, Reputation: 7

Apr 3, 2007, 12:17 PM
    Hey there. It sounds like you have an online boyfriend.. Am I right? Well my first question is how old are you. My second question is how old does he say he is? How long have you been talking to him? There are many great relationships that start online but you have to be very careful. Have you ever seen him on a web cam? You should not meet him anywhere that you are not comfortable. Definitely DO NOT tell him where you live. Is he even from the same area as you? See the thing is.. There are a lot of sick people out there that hurt people that are just trying to make a connection with someone. There are tons of instances of someone saying they are a 15 year old skater boy when they are really a 50 year old child molester.. I don't mean to be harsh or scare you but you need all the info you can get to protect yourself... here are a few good sites to check out
    Is Online Dating Safe? 10 Tips For Safe Internet Dating

Be Web Aware - Online Predators

Lastly.. I am not saying that good people do not meet online both of my sisters are married to men they met online.. But they did not jump into it. Both of them talked for almost 2 years over the computer before ever meeting and they took a lot of the precautions outlined in those two web sites to protect themselves... Good Luck And God Bless
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Apr 3, 2007, 01:31 PM
    He sure is demanding a lot from someone he hasn't met, and as others have pointed out there could be a lot of danger to you. The most telling thing is his insistence to make you do something you don't want to, and the callous disregard for your wishes or safety. Doesn't sound like a very caring guy at all and I think you should be very wary of him. Tell him to get lost as he has his own agenda that you know nothing about.
    MCSTRIKE Posts: 9, Reputation: 1

Apr 10, 2007, 05:00 AM
    If you have met this guy on the internet and then other then meeting him in a public place is not a sensible idea as meeting him at his house could lead you to serious danger. You don't know for sure that this guy his who he says he is!
    sono Posts: 19, Reputation: 1

Apr 16, 2007, 07:46 AM
    Hey when ever I say that look I don't want to meet you at your home he says" ok u want to meet me in the cafe but y not at my home you dont trust me "I just can't say anything after this beause when there is no trust there is no love... he wants to date not sex but am afraid... what should I do
    manimuth Posts: 261, Reputation: 60

Apr 16, 2007, 07:58 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by sono
    hey when ever i say that look i dont want to meet u at ur home he says" ok u want to meet me in the cafe but y not at my home you dont trust me "
    Exactly! Show him that you are smart enough to know that all you know about him is whatever he has told you online. You still have no idea who he is. (Anyone can say anything online to get you to trust them.) Tell him that this is your rule and that you are sticking to it: You meet outside and spend time together and only if you feel comfortable do you even think about seeing him indoors.

Be smart and safe, Sono. Your safety is the most important thing, no matter how much you like this guy. Stick to your conditions. If he cares about you, he will have no problem making you feel comfortable. In fact, he will only see you as a smart woman looking out for her own safety. (I am sure he is aware of people luring girls online).
    If he gets pushy, then you know he doesn't care much about how you feel and probably has other intentions anyway. If you start compromising on your own comfort and feelings already, you will only open yourself up to be taken advantage of.

Also, pay attention to your instincts. If anything just doesn't "feel right", get out of the situation. Mae West has posted some great links. Take a look at them. Be informed and be smart and don't compromise on your safety.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Apr 16, 2007, 08:06 AM
    Stick to your guns so he will not get the impression you can be controlled, or can be manipulated. Your rules your way or forget it. Trust is earned not given because he says so.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Tips for writing minutes during meetings [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, I have to write meeting minutes for the first time, does anyone have any tips? I'm worried in case I miss vital info. Thanks:)

Which is more important? [ 1 Answers ]

The city I live in is having a huge ice storm. The driving conditions are horrible and there are several thousands of people without electricity because of the ice. My fiancé works at a retail store. I asked him to call in because I didn't want him on the road and the news was advising people to...

Fraud really important [ 4 Answers ]

Hi, as you seen about 2-3 weeks ago on front page of the newspaper in windsor ontario I kind of made front page... any ways I'm getting charged with a lot of stuff I'm wondering if I would get time.. I have no previous record ( Conspiracy to Commit an Indictable Offence, Possession of Property...

Important interview [ 11 Answers ]

Hi Ive got a really big interview coming up and I'm already getting nervous. Are there any technqiues I can use to seem cool as a cucumber? I want to be able to communicate clearly, answer questions and be dream candidate! Its for a teaching job, if that helps Thanks heaps

Girlfriend having secret meetings with another man. [ 4 Answers ]

Hi, This is my first post - I don't know where to turn... :confused: So, I've gone through my girlf's phone (she does it to me) and I've found a text from a bloke saying "Friday sounds great - see you then"! Our relationship has been rubbish for a while with her threatening to leave,...

View more questions Search