Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    marshall jmp Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 19, 2014, 01:22 PM
    Hair test
    I have a question about hair testing. I have a upcoming hair test and last smoked the week between Christmas and new years. Haven't smoked since that time and can't say when it was previous because I do not generally smoke any more. It has been about 77 days now but am concerned with a positive test. Given this, is a positve test likely?
    Elle16 Posts: 11, Reputation: 5

Mar 19, 2014, 02:42 PM
    Yes, a positive test is likely since it has been less than 90 days.
    odinn7 Posts: 7,691, Reputation: 1547
    Entomology Expert

Mar 19, 2014, 07:52 PM
    Despite what Elle said, it's possible that you will pass. It is unclear as to how much you smoked and how often but if you only did it that one time, then you are probably good to go. The test is going to show habitual use and not occasional use.
    marshall jmp Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 21, 2014, 05:45 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by odinn7 View Post
    Despite what Elle said, it's possible that you will pass. It is unclear as to how much you smoked and how often but if you only did it that one time, then you are probably good to go. The test is going to show habitual use and not occasional use.
    Update: went to a lab and had one performed (5 panel hair test) myself and results were negative for all. Have smoked MAYBE 4 times in 18 years however now that this testing is being implimented it will be the last. Not EVEN close to being worth the stress and hassle.

Thanks for your reply however. Much appreciated.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Does having your hair colored and cut affect the results of alcohol in a hair test [ 1 Answers ]

If you color your hair before taking a hair folicle test will it affect the results of the hair test

Help, hair follicle test, used hair from arm pits [ 2 Answers ]

I stopped smoking in January 2012, before that I smoked two to three joints a week. July 7, after a friend died I had a couple of hits off a blunt. Yesterday, apron 49 days from when I last smoked weed, I had to take a hair follicle test for a possible job. I didn't know they were doing hair...

HAir test [ 2 Answers ]

I ate 1 weed brownie 5 weeks ago amd have to get a hair test tomorrow.. I am scared that I won't pass, I have never done anything else in my life. I have dark shoulder length hair

Will I pass a hair drug test with dyed hair? [ 1 Answers ]

My work is going to start hair testing for a govt contract in a couple weeks. I smoked half a bowel every other weekend for about a year. I quit 20 days ago. I dye my hair which is half way done my back. Do you think I have a chance of passing? Or should I start looking for another job? Thanks

Can anyone tell me which test is more accurate:a scalp hair test or a body hair test? [ 3 Answers ]

Can anyone tell me which test is more accurate: a scalp hair test or a body hair test. We have 2 test that were taken on the SAME day & 1 shows positive for methamphetamine and 1 shows negative. It should show negative! We are at a loss as to how a test that is so accurate has 2 different...

View more questions Search