Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    rahulbhasin2005 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 3, 2007, 07:07 AM
    H1B VISA Tax exemptions
    I have been on H1B VISA for the past 6 years and I have not claimed any exemptions. Are there any exemptions that I can use?

Thanks,
    Rahul.
    AtlantaTaxExpert Posts: 21,836, Reputation: 846
    Senior Tax Expert

Apr 12, 2007, 03:15 PM
    You can claim yourself.

You can claim your wife if you are married and you choose to file jointly.

You can claim the $5,150 (for 2006) standard deduction.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

H1B visa - tax issue [ 1 Answers ]

Hi All Is it if you are on H1b visa, you have to pay tax even though you don't have any job. Guide Rgds AJ

TAX Exempt for OPT/H1b visa holder [ 1 Answers ]

I have been working in New York from November of 2005 with OPT visa (F-1) and got H-1 visa in October, 2006. I was told I should file tax as a non-resident for 2006 but I'm wondering if I can still claim exempt as a student for the time I worked as a OPT holder. (I did not claim it for 2005) And...

Tax filing for H1B Visa [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I came here on H1B Visa from India on 7th August 2006 and might be staying this complete year also... Actually I came here through one of the Indian Company and have got my W4 from them. Kindly let me know what will be my status & which form should I have to fill. Will I be Non-resident...

H1b visa first year ->tax form [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, Atlanta Tax Expert: It's nice of you helping so many people on the Ask Me web. I also have something needing your answer I'm single, holding H1B visa. I came from China on Sep14th,2006. According to the treaty between U.S and China governments, my tax was waived last year ,however the...

Tax exemption for H1B visa [ 7 Answers ]

Hi, I am a china citizen. But I got the US H1B visa stamp from non-tax treaty country-singapore because I work there. Am I under tax exemption because of china citizenship? Or not because my visa stamp is from singapore? Thanks

View more questions Search