Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    blupe123 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 17, 2014, 09:26 PM
    My German Shepherd is acting sick, over salivating, not eating. Could it be serious?
    He is salivating to the point of dripping, he is stand offish, not playing, and doesn't want to eat, also he is panting heavily, he acts like he's scared. Could it be serious?
    DoulaLC Posts: 10,488, Reputation: 1952
    Uber Member

Mar 18, 2014, 02:50 AM
    Hi blupe123... sometimes that can be due to nausea/pain. Will he drink water? Has he vomited that you know of? Normal bowel movement or not? Could he have gotten into anything... the trash perhaps? Does his stomach feel hard? I'd take him in to see the vet to try and determine a possible cause.
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Mar 18, 2014, 03:46 PM
    Any time an animal stops eating, it's an emergency. There could be many reasons for this. He could have a virus, he could have a blockage, he could have a rotten tooth, he could have pain, etc. etc. So many possibilities.

The best option is to take him to a vet. There really is no way to tell you what's going on online.

I wish you all the best, and please let us know how he's doing, and what the vet says.

Good Luck.
    Sariss Posts: 1,471, Reputation: 244
    Ultra Member

Mar 18, 2014, 07:50 PM
    My immediate thought is something like bloat.

You need to go to the vet. Even if it isn't something like bloat, it could be something serious and you will never know until you see a vet.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I have a German Shepard and he is 8-9; He won't eat & he is always eating grass. [ 2 Answers ]

My dog is 8-9 he won't eat, he eats grass! What should I do?

Sick german shepard [ 1 Answers ]

"my dog is 5 months old and he recently has been acting really weird. Hes been coughing a lot and he wont eat as much and he use to and also he really doesn't have that much more energy anymore he also has a very dry nose I'm really worried"

German shepard not eating [ 1 Answers ]

Hi my name is Ashika. I have a female German Shepard who is 20 weeks. She refuses to eat. I have no idea what to do. Please advice.

German shepard [ 2 Answers ]

Can any one help me re my german shepard. He lives outside in a run with kennel and during the hot climate in cyprus he has started to use his kennel as a toilet he will not use it to sleep in even when it rains . He is now 8 months old and I am worried as the weather is now becoming colder and...

View more questions Search