Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    gordyblake Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 3, 2007, 06:53 AM
    Revert system from Vista back to XP
    I have purchased a PC with Vista Home Premium system. I am having many problems tracking down hardware/software updates. Can you advise of any problems in changing to Win xP.
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Apr 3, 2007, 07:12 AM
    None as XP is a more mature OS, all the needed drivers are available.
    coolbalan Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Apr 7, 2007, 01:49 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by gordyblake
    I have purchased a PC with Vista Home Premium system. I am having many problems tracking down hardware/software updates. Can you advise of any problems in changing to Win xP.
    The only option u can do is to buy Windows XP, Format the HDD and install Windows XP on the HDD.
    Nez Posts: 557, Reputation: 51

Apr 9, 2007, 03:00 PM
    Hi gordyblake.I recently purchased Vista business,having used XP since 2001.I wanted to see what all the fuss (mess) was about.Having downloaded the diagnostic tool from Microsoft to see what version my PC would be best suited too, (pre-Vista purchase) all went well on the new install until my Soundmax sound card did zip,even though Microsoft said it would would work fine.Thanx Bill!
    Everything else is okey,so the OS is working... except all my media files are in "silent movie" mode.I guess we will have to wait till July,for Vista Service Pack 1,before driver files are sorted.Dont hold your breath.

Ben is correct,as XP has been tried,tested,broken,and fixed (aka Service Pack 2).For now,I will leave my Windows old folder alone,and not reverse settings,as I won't let an OS beat me.I guess I will have to go out and buy a compatible sound card now.Thank goodness my reserve PC has Linux on it. :D

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

To Vista or not to Vista that is a question... [ 9 Answers ]

Does your machine have what it takes to run Windows Vista. Find out HERE with this excellent online tool. (ActiveX is needed for this test) Now personally I will be running Vista on a test box. Hey I've got to at least try and break it, but there is no way it will be on any of my live machines...

Revert to Explorer 6 [ 1 Answers ]

Hi if I delete Explorer 7 from my PC will it automatically revert back to explorer 6?

Revert to NR status? [ 5 Answers ]

Hello ATE, I was a student on F-1 from July 2001 to June 2004 in NC(June 2003-June 2004 on OPT), currently I am on H-1B in NY since July 2004. I filed my taxes in 2002 & 2003 by filling 1040NR. But in 2004 I filed 1040 as resident alien and applied for education credits. via turbotax. In 2005, I...

Uninstall or revert back from Internet Explorer 6. [ 1 Answers ]

Mine is a P4 1.8 GHz, Intel Mother board, 256 DDR System and using WIN 98 SE and IE 5.5. Recently I upgraded my browser to IE 6. I want to revert back to IE 5.5 but that option is greyed in the uninstall window. Help. DSRao

View more questions Search