Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Wrestler2014 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Mar 17, 2014, 12:54 PM
    Please Help
    My girlfriend always says that I'm too good for her. She says I'm too sweet and nice and she's just "blaahh", but she really is perfect to me and does everything for me and I can't imagine life without her. What can I say to her to tell her that she's perfect for me and she's good for me??
    KatyJ Posts: 37, Reputation: 8

Mar 17, 2014, 03:22 PM
    Exactly what you said. Tell her that she's perfect for you and that she's good for you. Sometimes, when women say that it's because they want to hear it from you. It's because they don't see it or feel it so it is important to hear it from you. If words are not enough, actions speak louder than words too.
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Mar 17, 2014, 03:25 PM
    Dude... it sounds like you are being way too clingy and needy ( seriously, how CAN you imagine life without her? Really?)... She's trying to toss a hint to dial it back a notch or two.

Mar 17, 2014, 03:28 PM
    I tell her all the time when she brings it up. I just want her to stop feeling that way, it actually hurts a bit when she says it because its not true.
    Uber Member

Mar 17, 2014, 03:37 PM
    Once you hit the age of, say 18... it stops being cute to be so clingy to girls... she'll give you the boot, women want someone that acts more like a man.

There lots are others of others... and odds are little Miss "I can't live without you" is only the first of many as you grow up. Rational thoughts in a relationship are " I really like to be with her"... they aren't "How can I live without her". The fact is you lived quite well before you met her... and you would live quite well without her.

When you have dated more than one girl... or get to be 18 or 19 or so... the logic I just said will become apparent.

How old are the both of you anyway? This really does matter.

Mar 17, 2014, 04:03 PM
    You're right, 16 and 16, do you honestly think relationships can stay through high school?
    Uber Member

Mar 17, 2014, 08:02 PM
    Rarely... I'm 53... I still know most of the people I went to high school with. ONE and only one couple are still together that dated in High School.

The biggest problem is the next 5 years you BOTH will be doing some serious maturing... and in that process your likes, desires and dreams normally change. And naturally you will most likely grow away from each other.

Currently you are in lust with her... thats what it is... in a few more years.. and a few more girlfriends... you are going to see the finer points of what I am trying to get across. Lust and raging hormones seems like love when you are very young. But they are different things... Lust ALWAYS fades in time... sometimes a few months , but it can take a year or more... rarely longer than three...

Right now its all about trying to get her in the sack... or getting her in the sack. When you get a bit older and more mature... you understand love isn't all about that... its only a tiny part of it in fact. Everything else takes up most of your time... and the excitement of being with a new girl does wear off... however love grows with time... and it does take a few years to really grow... it outlasts lust and the thrill of something new... when it becomes routine... your feelings don't go away... they also are never that intense... hard to put into words... but look at it like walking a marathon... vs. trying to run it at a 10 yard sash pace... you are going to burn out long before the race is over.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Mar 17, 2014, 10:13 PM
    Its not you its her, just hug her and tell her how lucky you feel to have such a perfect female. What is she your first girl friend or what? There will be many more. Things are always changing when you're 16.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

View more questions Search