Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    loveuba101 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 17, 2014, 09:49 AM
    Does he like me or is he just being friendly?
    I met someone at work about 8 months ago (My Boss). He is very nice to me. He used to flirt a lot and I did not flirt at first because I did not catch on to what he was doing so now he talks to me I have written him several letters and I put my number in them but he won't call he says he is going through a divorce. He smiles at me all the time he even has a nickname for me and we like a lot of the same things its even been a few times we have worn the same color clothes on the same day he winks sometimes, he does the eyebrow lift the staring all that. He thanked me for the things I said in my last letter he said he really needed the encouragement, and we talked... he still flirts sometimes... he talks about his kids every now and then I just don't know how to feel so does he like me or is he just being friendly?
    odinn7 Posts: 7,691, Reputation: 1547
    Entomology Expert

Mar 17, 2014, 09:56 AM
    Honestly, I see stuff like this and I raise my eyebrows too...and I just wonder what the hell goes through people's heads.

He's going through a divorce...leave him alone!
    He's your boss...leave him alone!
    You've written to him numerous times and gave him your number but he won't call...leave him alone!

You're playing with fire. The guy is your boss. Let's say something does work out, well what happens when it all goes south? Do you lose your job? What happens when others in your work place find out you're dating the boss and then you get labeled for doing so...you ready for that?

He's going through a divorce so do you really want to be a rebound? Do you really want to make his divorce harder on him? Do you only care about yourself?

He hasn't called you yet you keep writing letters. You reek of desperation. Who knows what kind of stuff you have written.

Sorry if this sounds harsh but it is reality. He's probably just being nice and you're making things more difficult. Be a professional in the work place and look for a love life somewhere else.
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Mar 17, 2014, 10:05 AM
    He's just being friendly... leave it at that. No smart person fools around with someone at work. So don't try. I'm with odinn7. Lots of bad can happen and nothing good.

Save your affections for someone NOT at your place of employment.
    Oliver2011 Posts: 2,606, Reputation: 746
    Ultra Member

Mar 17, 2014, 12:12 PM
    I am unclear as to what you want her to do but I will guess it is leave him alone?

:)

Agreed.

Quote Originally Posted by odinn7 View Post
    Honestly, I see stuff like this and I raise my eyebrows too...and I just wonder what the hell goes through people's heads.

He's going through a divorce...leave him alone!
    He's your boss...leave him alone!
    You've written to him numerous times and gave him your number but he won't call...leave him alone!

You're playing with fire. The guy is your boss. Let's say something does work out, well what happens when it all goes south? Do you lose your job? What happens when others in your work place find out you're dating the boss and then you get labeled for doing so...you ready for that?

He's going through a divorce so do you really want to be a rebound? Do you really want to make his divorce harder on him? Do you only care about yourself?

He hasn't called you yet you keep writing letters. You wreak of desperation. Who knows what kind of stuff you have written.

Sorry if this sounds harsh but it is reality. He's probably just being nice and you're making things more difficult. Be a professional in the work place and look for a love life somewhere else.
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Mar 17, 2014, 12:54 PM
    You DO NOT flirt with a co-worker, you do not write personal letters to your BOSS!

You sound very needy, young and immature. He is looking for a quick fix for his personal problem (do I have to spell it out?) after he finds THAT with you, it will be game over with your job, and he moves onto the next applicant.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Mar 17, 2014, 01:08 PM
    Stop the letter writing NOW and let the ink dry on his divorce, or feel like a fool if he doesn't get one. Even if he does why would you throw yourself at any guy, let alone the boss?

If you want a raise just say so. Not to sound cruel, but that's probably what your co workers think.
    KatyJ Posts: 37, Reputation: 8

Mar 17, 2014, 10:54 PM
    Don't read into his actions and assume he's interested. He could just be friendly.

However, regardless, he's STILL married until the divorce papers are finalized AND he is your boss. You are putting yourself in very bad position if you are thinking of getting involved.

Unless he says he is interested, just interpret his actions as being friendly. You will save yourself from embarrassment in case you were wrong.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Too friendly ex? [ 3 Answers ]

My fiancés ex is trying way to hard to be super friendly with ME. I know she says things to their daughter about me because her daughter had told me. Yet this woman calls me to ask boyfriend advice and calls to make small talk. We're all in our 40s and I have children as well. But I've never been...

Does he like me or is he being friendly? [ 3 Answers ]

I like a boy a lot lol he goes to my youth group and he does Treat me different from other girls. When he is around other girls he will act normal and he seems very comfortable. But when he gets around me he gets quite and he can't look at me sometimes when we are talking. I do catch him...

Does he like me or is he just trying to be friendly [ 1 Answers ]

I met this guy in my biology lab class about two weeks ago. He became my new lab partner because his original seat got taken. He introduced himself to me and we have occasionally talked since. He seems like a social, friendly guy. I'm not sure if he's trying to make moves on me or not though. ...

How to become more friendly? [ 1 Answers ]

I'm a kind of shy person, I usually like to listen more than talk, but when I start talking you can hardly stop me. I have only two good friends and I'm happy I have them, but I would like to become more friendly so that I can make friends easier. I don't mean that I would leave my bestfriends in...

Does he like me or just friendly [ 3 Answers ]

I met this guy in shop ( he was a Volunteer) anyway he noticed me right away when walked in he came over and asked if I had been to the concert was wearing a band t shirt)h esaid he was there anyway we spoke for a while I saw him again the other day he came right over talking asking if I had been...

View more questions Search