Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Tutsi23 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Mar 16, 2014, 05:38 PM
    Am I overreacting?
    I feel like my boyfriend does not care about me. Whenever I hang out with my family I always invite him and he is constantly in my house and he knows my mother and my whole family. Every time I go out shopping I always think of him before myself and always think what to get for him. And I always make sure that he gets a ride home with me and my sister whenever he doesn't have a car. But anytime he is with his family I am never invited, and I mean his cousins and brothers are young so I can totally hang out with them. He never invites me and always says next time... We have been together for four years and he never introduced me to any of his family members... and today I just broke down because I was coming home and I live in New York. Trains weren't running so I had to take a dirty shuttle bus for about hour and a half, while he was driving home and could have picked me up and dropped me off home in 15 minutes. But he did not even offer to pick me up. So I spent 2 hours waiting for shuttle, then bus, then train when he could have saved me all that misery and on top of everything I had so many bags with me... I just feel like he doesn't give a damn and when I confronted him he played dumb.. as always.. So am I overreacting or he really does not care?
    Cat1864 Posts: 8,007, Reputation: 3687
    Marriage Expert

Mar 16, 2014, 07:14 PM
    Tutsi, before trying to give you advice, I need some clarification on a discrepancy between your question today and one you asked approximately 13 months ago. Yes, I look at prior posts to get a better understanding of the complete picture.

The post from February 2013:
    Quote Originally Posted by Tutsi23 View Post
    It's been almost a year since me and my fiancé broke up. I've accepted the idea that we won't be together. Throughout our relationship he put me through hell. Always lied to me. And mentally abused me for 3 months after we broke up. I haven't been seeing anyone every since him. I notice that I pushed everybody away. I lean on crutches when it comes to me or my personal feelings. I overload myself with school and work so much that I have no time to eat. I have no days off. I choose this life because I'm scared to be left alone with my emotions. I feel like people aren't worthy. They will hurt me. That's why I'm scared of any other relationship. I have fear of trusting people. I got pushed in into a very dark corner. And I can't let myself out of it.
    The post from today:
    Quote Originally Posted by Tutsi23 View Post
    I feel like my boyfriend does not care about me. Whenever I hang out with my family I always invite him and he is constantly in my house and he knows my mother and my whole family. Every time I go out shopping I always think of him before myself and always think what to get for him. And I always make sure that he gets a ride home with me and my sister whenever he doesn't have a car. But anytime he is with his family I am never invited, and I mean his cousins and brothers are young so I can totally hang out with them. He never invites me and always says next time... We have been together for four years and he never introduced me to any of his family members... and today I just broke down because I was coming home and I live in New York. Trains weren't running so I had to take a dirty shuttle bus for about hour and a half, while he was driving home and could have picked me up and dropped me off home in 15 minutes. But he did not even offer to pick me up. So I spent 2 hours waiting for shuttle, then bus, then train when he could have saved me all that misery and on top of everything I had so many bags with me... I just feel like he doesn't give a damn and when I confronted him he played dumb.. as always.. So am I overreacting or he really does not care?
    If you have been with the current boyfriend for four years, then you started dating him in 2009/2010. In 2013, you been broken up with your boyfriend (and single) for almost a year, meaning you were dating him in 2011/2012. What is the true story?

We can't give accurate advice if we aren't given accurate information.
    Tutsi23 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Mar 16, 2014, 09:33 PM
    We started dating back in 2008, and then broke up for almost a year and got back together after, so it is 4 years we are together since I am not counting the year that we have been apart. No sense in saying 5 years since that year we were apart
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Mar 16, 2014, 10:31 PM
    A) You are unhappy with him.
    B) You have tried to talk with him and he isn't interested.

I don't see anything but a lonely woman who is settling for misery with a man instead of being happy with herself, alone. I don't see anything about him that is the least bit endearing. WHY can't you be alone (among friends, family, co-workers, etc) instead of being with him? Can you answer that without saying one single thing about him, as a sort of exercise to see what's going on with you?
    Cat1864 Posts: 8,007, Reputation: 3687
    Marriage Expert

Mar 17, 2014, 04:49 AM
    I would recommend dropping him like a hot rock and moving on with your life, but I am not certain you would accept that advice.

Why did you get back together after a year apart? After the way he treated you the first time you were together and after you broke up, what happened to cause you to give him another chance?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Am I overreacting? [ 1 Answers ]

I am 31 weeks pregnant and I am having lower back pains, what feels like menstrual cramps, pressure in vaginal area and sudden headaches. It isn't regular but I want to make sure I'm OK

Am I Overreacting? [ 2 Answers ]

I've been with my boyfriend for almost 5 years, we've lived together for 4 years and we've always had a pretty good relationship, until now. We went out together last year to a party and he got really drunk, he was quite verbally abusive to me and on the way home my best friend (who is a gay guy)...

Am I overreacting? [ 3 Answers ]

I'm 13 (and a girl). I've been away from home for about 2 weeks and of course, haven't seen my best friend in that time (a little more than that, actually, since it's summer and we both have been kind of busy). I went over to her house just the other day though, and it was kind of awkward. We...

Am I overreacting? [ 2 Answers ]

OK so I still have major feelings for my ex. We broke up a couple months ago and since then we continued to stay in touch every now and then she would get all sentimental about our past. We still use our made up words with each other and I still call her by her pet name I had for her. But she has...

Am I overreacting? [ 21 Answers ]

Ok here's the deal. I asked my boyfriend to come hear me sing this Sunday. I knew he didn't really want to go, but the Saturday before he said that he would talk to me in the morning and tell me whether he was going. So Sunday morning comes and he doesn't call or text or anything. So I send him...

View more questions Search