Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    waz223 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 15, 2014, 03:11 AM
    Wire 3 switches for 3 lights with one feed
    Trying to figure out how to wire a 3rd light switch into and existing 2 switch panel.
    There are 3 wires from the existing 2 lights (one white and two red) and a red loop.

My new light with no power is to the 3rd switch, (one red one black). How to I get power from the 1st two switches to the 3rd switch with out it interfering with the existing.

http://i1091.photobucket.com/albums/...psce03f408.png
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Mar 15, 2014, 08:29 AM
    Depends on how power comes into the switch box. If it is always hot to the switch box, you can take a pigtail off from the hot black, white and ground. However, from your colors, it appears you may have power in the ceiling and switch loops to the switches. In this case, you cannot add another wire. Use a voltmeter to check for unswitched power and then go from there.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I want to wire two lights at each end of two 3way switches [ 1 Answers ]

Power source coming to light then down to 3way switch from there to another 3way switch up to another light I would like both switches too control both lights from either switch

Two switches (two separate lights) with continuous feed to garage door [ 0 Answers ]

How do I wire the three wires so that the garage has continuous power. I thought I had duplicated the wiring when I replaced the switches but those switches were 40 years old and these are obviously much younger , so not quite the same. The lights work but not the garage door. (A diagram would be...

Two lights, two switches, single feed [ 4 Answers ]

Hi, I'm planning on rewiring a non-working porch light. The inside switch for this light is in a two gang box with a switch for a kitchen light. I'd like to rig the porch light on a three way switch (so the porch light can be controlled from both inside and outside) to a hot lead that is also...

How to wire two lights and two switches from a single source? [ 6 Answers ]

How do I wire a light - switch - switch - light with the power source coming from the first light? A diagram would be helpful.

View more questions Search