Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    rexlexizmom Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 14, 2014, 09:05 AM
    How do I know if this Confederate $50 bill is real
    I have a 50 dollar Confederate bill that has the number 72104 on the bill it states February 17th 1864 it also says 3 Series the front has a reddish color the back is in blue. I have seen many contradicting answers does anyone really know what the value of this bill would be?
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Mar 14, 2014, 09:19 AM
    Collector value for confederate paper money is very limited. Usually it is intrinsic at best. Seeing as the south lost the war, their money lost its value as well.

Only a numistmatic would know the value, and we don't have one here in our community. Pawn shops would probably be able to direct you to one to evaluate, but you would never get the face value out of any confederate money.
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Mar 14, 2014, 07:00 PM
    The greatest majority of Confederate money is reprinted and fake. Go to a coin or good reputable pawn shop. True Confederate money can be very valuable depending on issue.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

$50 confederate bill 1864 letter a #72104 and $10 confederate bill letter d #40679 [ 0 Answers ]

How can I tell if these are real or fake? How should they feel and how should they look and what names should be signed on them?

Earl, I have the $100 bill confederate bill. [ 0 Answers ]

Earl, I have the $100 bill that you've stated. If you're still searching, please let me know.. Thanks

$500 confederate bill, wondering if it's real and it's worth? [ 0 Answers ]

This was passed down to my husband. Was trying to email Flying Blue Eagle directly but couldn't figure out how to, as he seems to have a lot of knowledge in this. The date is Feb. 17, 1864. Not sure what other info. Would be needed. Thanks

I Have a $100 Confederate bill Is it real? [ 1 Answers ]

I found a $100 Confederate bill dated February 17, 1864 while doing renovations. How can I find out if it is real and how much it may be worth. I've dug around on the internet and found that Confederate bill replicas were sold as souvenirs in the 40's and 50's, but I'm not sure if the one I have...

$1000 confederate bill real or not? [ 7 Answers ]

I have a $1000 confederate bill. A local dealer says he think it might be real because the paper is the correct type. How do I find out if this is real or not? Thanks

View more questions Search