Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    nosaying Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 14, 2014, 06:07 AM
    Where do I turn?
    OK. I'm sorry if this makes anyone feel bad I'm just looking for help. Sorry. I'm a 16 yea old girl, and well, I have strong urges to hurt myself ( which I currently do) or even kill myself. I know I need to talk to some one but my parents say it makes them feel guilty and to not speak of it, I've tried talking to friends but they've called me an attention whore and not spoken to me since, and I don't have access to counselors ect. So yeah. Any ideas? I'm desperate, I can't keep going on in silence.
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Mar 14, 2014, 06:19 AM
    You don't have councelors in your school? What country do you live in... perhaps knowing that.. someone can recommend where you might be able to get help.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Mar 14, 2014, 06:26 AM
    There are always better options than hurting or killing yourself, and a trusted adult, be they a church member, teacher, or even an adult relative you have confidence in speaking with. Those are good options. Often when people hurt themselves or have suicidal thoughts a doctor can help too, as this may be medical in nature as a root cause for your conflicts.

So what's going on in your own life as far as events that leads you to these very bad options you have now? Often we inflict pain when we are in pain, so what's the cause of your pain? Can you express it?
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Mar 14, 2014, 06:26 AM
    What part of the world do you live in?
    Your parents are the key to all this - although it's understandable that they get defensive when a child they raised needs emotional help, it's not excusable to react the way they have done. Is there a relative or favorite teacher who might talk to them for you?
    Too many people think that anyone who is openly admitting to feeling suicidal is just an 'attention whore' and isn't going to actually do anything. NOT TRUE, statistically.

Anyway, is there anyone who you feel close to who can talk to your parents? Leave your friends out of this, because they are powerless to help, and that just makes people frustrated and angry.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

When I turn my kitchen mixer tap on it is very stiff when I turn it from hot to cold [ 1 Answers ]

When I turn my kitchen mixer tap on it is very stiff. When I want to turn it to run cold it is very difficult to move and water has now started to come out halfway up the tap not the water outlet. This only happens when I turn it towards the cold water. When I run the hot water the water supply...

The valve knob doesn't seem to tighten. You can turn, and turn, and turn the knob [ 2 Answers ]

The toilet valve knob has issues. I can't turn off the water to the tank. Neither can I increase the water flow to the tank. The knob just turns without any real resistance. Should it be replaced? Also, the water level in the bowl is significantly less that what is "normal".

My Lawn Mower Cab Cadet wheel will not turn to the left but will turn to the right [ 0 Answers ]

When I was Mowing my yard yesterday the wheel was kind of hard. After mowing for over 30 min. I was trying to turn around a tree to the left and I heard a click. After that I can turn the wheel to the left, but the mower will not. Please Help, Martha

My 2002 Avalon key turn enough to unlock the steering, but cannot turn the car on [ 1 Answers ]

My 2002 Avalon key turn enough to unlock the steering wheel but cannot turn the car on. I tried everything that I read on this forum, but it did not work. So my conclusion is my cylinder is bad. How do you change the lock cylinder with the key just turn enough to unlock the steering wheel, if you...

Heater won't turn on/if I manually turn it on the air is cool [ 0 Answers ]

Heater won't turn and if I do it manually it blows cool air

View more questions Search