Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Mar 14, 2014, 03:22 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by bizzlelover View Post
    I'm not very easy to impress. He is not a perv, I have talked to Muslims who have said that it is normal for a guy in their religion to like younger girls, also I've been told that he wouldn't be to hard on me if I messed up because I am younger. We are waiting until I'm 18, he has already proposed and we plan on marrying when I am 18.

Btw he doesn't go to school, he has graduated high school and collage.
    You've been "dating" for 2 months and he already proposed? Wow, he's good! Most of these guys groom their prey for years. You fell for it in 2 months!

Do your parents know you're engaged? How do they feel about it?

So what do the two of you have in common? What do you talk about, other than getting married as soon as you turn 18? Where will you live, in Canada or Pakistan? It would be easier for him if you moved to Pakistan, since it's acceptable for grown men to seek out children as brides in that part of the country. Do you have career aspirations? If so, put them to the side. Once you're his wife, you're his property, and you must obey him. If he doesn't want you to have a career, you won't. Doubtful that he'll convert to Christianity either. As a muslim he has more control over his young wife. His religion gives him the right to be your master. But then, it seems like he already is.

Also, it's college, not collage. Collage is a group of cut out pictures pieced together to make art.
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Mar 14, 2014, 03:25 PM
    I have to add this. I talked to my 11 year old daughter about your post. I asked her if she thought it was okay for a 12 year old child to date a 17 year old. Her reply was "He's almost an adult and she's not even a teen. Why would she want to date him? Why would he want to date her? That's just stupid. What's wrong with her? Why does she think this is okay? Is she not very smart?"

So much for you being mature for your age. Seems like my 11 year old is far more mature than you, and I can tell you, as her parent, that she's not at all mature for her age. What does that say about you?
    bizzlelover Posts: 12, Reputation: 1

Mar 14, 2014, 03:27 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Alty View Post
    I always love it when a child comes here and the first thing they post is "I'm very mature for my age". A truly mature person doesn't have to tell anyone that they're mature, they prove it by their actions, and words. You didn't prove your claim.

Bottom line, the internet is a scary place. We get a lot of posts from Pakistan, from guys in their 20's asking when they can marry the 8 year old they are in love with. How long do they have to wait to have her? Is two years enough? They never even question that a relationship with a grown man and a child, is sick!

How do you feel about pedophiles? Are you okay with men grooming children so that they can molest them? What's you're take on that? After all, you're very mature for you age, so prove it. Let's discuss the cold hard facts here. You're a child, he's almost an adult (if he's really 17 and not older). Do you think it's okay for an adult to show romantic interest in a child? If so, why? If not, why? Show the maturity you claim to have.
    I do not believe that it is right for a grown man to be with a child, that is why we are waiting until I am 18 to marry. An adult should deffiantly not show romantic interest in a child, but I personaly believe it is fine if they do not have a age difference more then 8 years, and the child is old enough to understand.

My boyfriend is Muslim and is from pakistan, however he does not believe in marriage before the age of 18.

I said that I am mature for my age because sometimes my word choice can be a little... off I guess, and it makes people believe I am immature. I know you may say 'well if her word choice is a little off she is not mature' but I do know what to say, but I don't always write them down.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Mar 14, 2014, 03:29 PM
    Would you want to date a 7 year old?
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Mar 14, 2014, 03:30 PM
    Enough is Enough.
    As you are NOT listening to reason this thread is OVER.

Name:  closed.gif
Views: 135
Size:  3.0 KB

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Is there a law against 16 year old dating 18 year old if parents object ? [ 18 Answers ]

I know a 16 year old who is dating a 19 year old and her parents object. They have sex on a regular basis. Is there any law against her parents forcing her to test and see if she is having sex with the 19 year old even if she does not want to test?

View more questions Search