Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Mbthomas23 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 13, 2014, 12:46 PM
    Asking boss about possible termination
    I have a feeling that I'm about to be fired. A coworker believed I lied and I've been struggling with depression. Should I ask my manager, perhaps off record, if anything is going on? Thanks
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Mar 13, 2014, 12:49 PM
    What you should tell you manager you heard through the grapevine that someone reported something derogatory about you and that you would like to discuss it with him. Don't ask about termination
    smearcase Posts: 2,392, Reputation: 316
    Ultra Member

Mar 13, 2014, 01:22 PM
    What is the alleged lie, generally speaking? Does the coworker have any authority? Depends on a lot of circumstances. You could be making it worse depending on how you present it to your boss and we don't have enough knowledge of your situation, or the personalities involved. Exactly what do you mean by off the record?
    " A coworker believed I lied and I've been struggling with depression." The coworker believes you have been struggling with depression OR you are stating that you have, in fact, been struggling with depression?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can I be prevented legally from socializing with my boss by the big boss? [ 4 Answers ]

I have been best friends with my boss for years and she then became the boss of our company which is under an umbrella of a bigger company. We and our families have been very close for many years and she has been my boss for 4 years. Recently she was told she is no longer allowed to socialize with...

Who can help me when old boss calls your new boss about my background [ 2 Answers ]

I quit my old job at Advance Auto Parts, went to go work for Napa Auto Parts. Found out my former GM Mike from Advance talking to my new GM Cas at Napa about my background, and later Mike telling Advance employees about my whole background, and the outside commercial accounts, so almost the whole...

A former boss talking dirt to a new boss [ 3 Answers ]

Good Evening, So, I worked for a jewelry store for a few months before relocating to another location to finish college. After I moved, I applied at a competator's company in at a mall store. At my former job, my manager and I did NOT get along. She would constantly change the schedule without...

What to do? Boss loves you boss hates yeah girl? [ 7 Answers ]

Hey guys So I'm going out with a chick I work with I know I know not the best :) But hey. Anyway I really like this one she seems to give me what I need. Now if the boss likes you but not her. What do you do? Not much right If she gets kicked do I go with her or stay at my job? This...

Boss firing employees after boss resigns [ 1 Answers ]

Is it legal in California for a CEO to fire employees AFTER the CEO has resigned? My understanding is that the CEO can no longer hire, fire or negotiate contracts after they have tendered their resignation.

View more questions Search