Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    slatour20 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 2, 2007, 10:52 PM
    Weird animated 80's/90's movie with an ugly troll?
    Ok so for some strange reason I have had this movie bugging the crap out of me because I cannot seem to think what it is! I guess it started after coming across that Disney flick The Black Cauldron, but I'm pretty sure I'm not getting this one mixed up with that movie.

This may sound sooo strange but it seems the only part I remember is about a girl (maybe a princess) getting kidnapped by this ugly troll looking thing with wild hair. And what really gets me is that I can distinctly remember a scene where this troll is picking his nose and flinging his snot ball... I know that is so weird. Maybe I recalled it because it was so gross. It looks like there are a lot of smart movie people on this site so if you could help me put my mind to rest, I would be much appreciative! Thanks!
    stardust713 Posts: 334, Reputation: 65

Apr 3, 2007, 04:58 PM
    "The Care Bears Adventure in Wonderland" (1987) Had the Jabborwocky (who looked kind of like a troll) Tweedledee and Tweedledum kidnapped Alice thinking that she was the princess and they gave her to the Jabborwocky. While trying to rescue her, one of the Care Bears (I think Grumpy) Got stuck in his nose and when the Jabborwocky sneezed boogers and snot came out. A far fetch but possibly what you're looking for. Hope It helps.
    JohnnyRocketts Posts: 17, Reputation: 1

Apr 15, 2007, 01:55 PM
    Sounds familiar... Little monsters?
    hlind Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 15, 2007, 07:18 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by slatour20
    Ok so for some strange reason I have had this movie bugging the crap out of me because I cannot seem to think what it is! I guess it started after coming across that Disney flick The Black Cauldron, but I'm pretty sure I'm not getting this one mixed up with that movie.

This may sound sooo strange but it seems the only part I remember is about a girl (maybe a princess) getting kidnapped by this ugly troll looking thing with wild hair. And what really gets me is that I can distinctly remember a scene where this troll is picking his nose and flinging his snot ball........I know that is so weird. Maybe I recalled it because it was so gross. It looks like there are a lot of smart movie people on this site so if you could help me put my mind to rest, I would be much appreciative! Thanks!
    I have been thinking about a similar movie. Not sure if it's the same one but I remember this princess was kidnapped by a troll and they all wore stone clogs because their feet were so sensitive and a boy followed a line of string she left behind when she was kidnapped and it started in a river then led down underground where the trolls lived. Also in the movie, the princess goes to the attic of her castle (I think guided by a white dove) and finds 3 stain glass windows. These are all short images I remember but I can't remember the movie.
    albear Posts: 1,594, Reputation: 222
    Ultra Member

Apr 16, 2007, 09:39 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by hlind
    I have been thinking about a similar movie. Not sure if it's the same one but I remember this princess was kidnapped by a troll and they all wore stone clogs because their feet were so sensitive and a boy followed a line of string she left behind when she was kidnapped and it started in a river then led down underground where the trolls lived. Also in the movie, the princess goes to the attic of her castle (i think guided by a white dove) and finds 3 stain glass windows. These are all short images I remember but I can't remember the movie.
    I thought it might be that one but I can't remember the name, all the trolls invaded the castle and then they all got flooded out right, didn't the troll prince have a lisp or spat when he spoke
    hlind Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 16, 2007, 06:40 PM
    I found it. It's called The Princess and the Goblin! It was first a book by George MacDonald but was adapted to film in 92.
    slatour20 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 18, 2007, 05:58 PM
    Holy crap! That's it! Hahaha thanks!
    rosiemac Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 8, 2007, 12:19 PM
    I just wanted to say thank you, I watched this when I was little and had a really vague memory of it and I had no idea what it was so I googled princess and trolls and I found this. Thank you!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Animated Children's Movie of the 80's early 90's [ 6 Answers ]

Ok so this was a children's movie probably set in the late 80's early 90's and it had to do with a forest of animals. There was a huge toxic waste spill and all the animals got sick but healed, all of them except the smallest one who was close to death (I know horrible for a children's movie)...

Help w/ an 80's/90's animated movie! [ 12 Answers ]

I saw this movie when I was really young and I don't remember a lot but what I do remember is pretty vivid. All I remember is two cartoon character animals that were brother and sister going into a dark, creepy carnival tent, and I think the ring master wanted to separate them for something. I...

Animated movie maybe 80's or 90's [ 2 Answers ]

I saw this movie in first grade it was a kind of a Romeo and Juliet story where a fire Sprite or fairy falls in love with a water sprite my memory is very fuzzy on the details. The Fairies where were ruled by by a goddess of fire and charged the duty of protecting a flame. A fairy is chosen when...

A animated cartoon movie in probably the 90's [ 2 Answers ]

This movie had a rooster who would crow and the sun would rise. He left for I believe hollywood and the sun did not rise. Animals would go out searching for the rooster because they needed the sun to shine. I believe owls became the bad guys and attacked the farm. Everyone at the farm needed...

View more questions Search