Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    JKowalsk Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 2, 2007, 10:48 PM
    Discrete Math +Kenneth Rosen 6th edition pb# 44 pg 529
    Hey I don't know what to do here and If anyone could help that would be great. Thanks a lot!

Let S be a set with "n" elements and let "a" and "b" be distinct elements of S. How many relations are there on S such that

a) (a,b) is in S
    b) (a,b) is not in S
    c) There are no ordered pairs in the relation that have "a" as their first element
    d) There is at least one ordered pair in the realtion that has "a" as its first element

I really don't know what to do and any help would be cool Thanks a lot!
    PRose10 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 4, 2007, 09:36 PM
    Joey,
    I am very disappointed in you. I said that you could not use any outside live sources. I am sorry to inform you that you will be receiving a 0 on this portion of the test, and I will be reporting your activities to an academic review board.

~PRose

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Discrete math [ 1 Answers ]

prove that n^2+1 is not divisible by 6 for any integer n. prove that x^4-3x^2+7=0 has no real solution

Discrete Math. [ 1 Answers ]

Is there anyone in here who could help me with some discrete problems? Chapter 4.1 page 279-283 number 46 in Discrete Mathematics Sixth Edition (Kenneth H. Rosen). I do hope that someone could help me out. I appreciate it the help... Thanks, Jah34.

Chapter 13, 401K and 529 plan [ 1 Answers ]

Currently filed a chapter 13 plan and I want to know if I'm able to contribute to my 401k or a 529 for my newborn. In addition, with horrible credit and a decent rate on my current mortgage can I do a refi?

View more questions Search