Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    debra gonzalez Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 10, 2014, 01:02 PM
    How can you fix a basement wall falling in house bulit in 1800
    In live in a house that was built in 1800. Basement was not finished and now the dirt
    Wall are falling in. what do I do to fix them ?
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Mar 10, 2014, 02:16 PM
    Unfortunately you are looking at an expensive repair. The proper way to do it is to jack up and support house, repose the dirt, pour footings and then use block to build a wall. You may be able to use poured walls but access is the issue.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

What is the best way to fix a crack in basement wall that leaks in rainy times? [ 3 Answers ]

I can see a crack in the corner of my basement and when it rains a lot water comes in through it. Is there a best way to fix this myself?

Horror movie with a cat bulit inside a wall and a painter's cut hand? [ 2 Answers ]

I remember seeing a hooror film with 5 stories in it. 2 of them had to do with a cat bulit inside a wall and the other with a pinter's cut hand that was chasing people... can anyone help me?

How many BTU to heat a 1800 sq ft house? [ 1 Answers ]

It's a town house with units on both sides. It has two floors and a basement. The house is located in Northern New Jersey, and was build in 1986. Thanks and look forward to hearing from any experts.

Size furnace for 1800 sqft house [ 1 Answers ]

I have about an 1800 sqft house I have a new furnace that has 100000 input BTU and 80000 output is this enough to heat my house?

Basement Wall/Foundation falling [ 2 Answers ]

Help! We have a water problem in our basement, 2 sump pumps, one flood already. Just bought this house in 8/06 - took apart the drywall today in one corner of the basement, to get access to a walled-up stairway access to the outside. It is apparent that the former owners, who admittedly...

View more questions Search