Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    631blues Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 2, 2007, 09:21 PM
    1935 Lucas etching by florence
    Hello, we recently purchased an original 1935 Camille Lucas etching named Terseran ? (cavers)? Signed by Florence.

I've spent the entire evening bouncing from site to site looking for info. Apparently these were done by the signed artist for a man named Sidney Z. Lucas and it does have the correct mark on the bottom left. I guess some of these are quite valuable if done by the proper artist in there early career. My question is who is florence or maybe its Flounce and what would the item be worth. It is in great shape and measures 9.5 by 13.5 inches, frame measures 19 by 23 inches. Any help would be appreciated.
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Apr 2, 2007, 10:59 PM
    Here's my usual C&P on this subject:

Quote Originally Posted by PES
    One of the best resources that I have found concerning Paris Etching Society is from Google answers, located HERE.
    The response from scriptor-ga is very insightful.

Basically PES was set up by Sidney Z. Lucas, hence the SZL mark. He owned a printshop in New York in the years 1940 to 1960 where He
    produced a large number of prints after old etchings.
    Generally, prints by Mr. Lucas seem not to reach very high prices.
    At the end of the day they look nice, but that's about it.
    Most of what is talked about them is from people "boiler rooming" the price on the supposed French history.

I hope this helps.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Camille Lucas 1935 SLZ trademark [ 1 Answers ]

I have an original etching by Jean Charmeille titled Couesuon, France. It has a seal on it indicating the number 101. It has a paper trademark with the name of artist and title, as well as a silver and black seal with the SLZ triangle trademark. The scene ap[pears to be a house or some houses on...

Camilla Lucas 1935 NY-USA [ 4 Answers ]

Below I am providing the specifics about the etching that I have so that information on the picture itself and its value can be determined. I certainly appreciate whatever efforts in getting this information that you can provide. My etching appears to be that of a country French village with a...

Paris Etching Society & Camilla Lucas [ 1 Answers ]

I'd like to know the history of PES and about Camilla Lucas. I have 2 tinted etchings, one titled "sur la rive" and the other "le tuits du chemin," both by Olex, or Alex. Both were purchased--years apart and at different locations--in Eugene, Oregon. Does anyone have a collection of these prints?...

View more questions Search