Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    grandma02 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 8, 2014, 10:36 PM
    Should I file an amended Ohio tax return for wrong w2 information?
    I e-filed my Ohio state taxes and the federal adjusted gross income from my federal return which is what my taxes are figured from is the right amount. I have multiple w2's to add up to that gross amount. When listing each w2 separately, I wrote a wrong number on one of them which makes the 3 add up to $1000 less then what I wrote for my total gross wages. Since the tax is figured on what my federal gross listing was and it is right, do I have to file an amended return since I'm not mailing my individual w2's in?
    AtlantaTaxExpert Posts: 21,836, Reputation: 846
    Senior Tax Expert

Mar 8, 2014, 10:45 PM
    Probably not. Ohio might question the addition, and if they cannot resolve it independently, they will send you a letter asking about the inconsistency.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Refiling amended tax return 2007 (For tax rebate)? [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, I have question regarding old 2007 tax return. I didn't get any tax rebate when I filed for 2007 tax returns because my wife didn't have SSN. She got her SSN in early 2008, and I heard recently from someone that I could have filed for an amended 2007 return with her new SSN to get the...

Form 1040X - Amended tax return for tax credit - lines 18-24 [ 2 Answers ]

I have a question about filling out the tax form 1040X. I am trying to apply for the first time home buyer tax credit. I have filled out form 5405, but need to complete filling out form 1040X but I can not get the numbers to add up. I need help understanding what I should put on lines 18-20....

ITIN Rejected and now want to file amended return. [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, I am on H1B for past 3 years and got married last September 2007 and my wife is on H4. She did not have ITIN when I filed for return in April 2008 and had to file as Single and could not claim her as dependent (as advised by my Tax Consultant). I filed ITIN for my wife and yesterday I...

Should I file amended return, or not? [ 2 Answers ]

Last year, on my taxes I screwed up BIG TIME, and filed my unearned income (unemployment), quite by accident, under my home based, cash-earned income. I subsequently received a letter stating that as a result of this I now owed them 1800$. I lost my 20 year old son right before I got that letter,...

File Amended Tax return [ 1 Answers ]

I e-filed 1040EZ instead of 1040NR. I later found out that the efiling service I used does not have 1040 NR. Can I efile 1040X and 1040NR through another site? Is it possible to mail in the amended forms, or should I efile it because I efiled 1040EZ? Thanks in advance.

View more questions Search