Molar Enthalpy
    Wat is a molar enthalpy!!

Thanks
    :D
    Capuchin Posts: 5,255, Reputation: 656
    Uber Member

Apr 3, 2007, 12:36 AM
    Enthalpy - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Molar enthalpy is just Enthalpy per mole.
    Synder222 Posts: 18, Reputation: 1

Apr 4, 2007, 10:06 PM
    Molar enthalpy is the amount of heat needed (cooling) or given off (exothermic) during a chemical reaction.

The question is... per mole if what? If it is obvious as to what substance in the chemical reaction you are referring to... then it is per mole of that substance. If it is not obvious, then you have to give the amount of heat (lost or gained) for each of the substances in the thermodynamic equation.
    SEJAN Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 14, 2008, 06:30 PM
    In thermodynamics and molecular chemistry, the enthalpy (denoted as H, h, or rarely as χ) is a quotient or description of thermodynamic potential of a system, which can be used to calculate the "useful" work obtainable from a closed thermodynamic system under constant pressure and entropy.
    This is the heat change which occurs when 1 mol of a substance reacts completely with oxygen to form products at 298 K and 1 atm. The function H was introduced by the Dutch physicist Kamerlingh Onnes in early 20th century in the following form:

H = E + pV,

where E represents the energy of the system. In the absence of an external field, the enthalpy may be defined, as it is generally known, by:

H = U + pV,

where (all units given in SI)

* H is the enthalpy (joules)
    * U is the internal energy, (joules)
    * p is the pressure of the system, (pascals)
    * V is the volume, (cubic metres)

hoe this helps
    (reference:Enthalpy - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Root Canal Through a Molar with a Gold Crown [ 4 Answers ]

Is it possible to have a root canal on a molar that has a gold crown and what are the possible complications? Should I use my regular dentist or a Endodontist? Thanks

Erm.Enthalpy/heat capacity [ 3 Answers ]

a) how much heat is required to raise the temperature of the water from 12oC to 22oC? (this is the amount of heat produced when 0.92g of ethanol burns) volume of water = 400cm3 initial temperature of water = 12 final temperature of water = 22 mass of ethanol burnt = 0.92g specific heat...

Crowned molar [ 1 Answers ]

Hello! I have a crown on one molar tooth.For some time there was a gap between the edge of the crown and the gum and my tooth was sore when a cold drink touch it. My dentist never said it needs to be replace. A few days ago I began to feel a sharp pain in my tooth. Now my whole face is swollen...

Enthalpy Problems [ 0 Answers ]

Im a currently struggling with these two enthalapy problems. #1 If F2(g) + H2(g) --> 2HF(g) H= -542kJ, what is the Standard Heat of Formation for HF? Is this going to be the same as the enthalaphy of the reaction = -542 or is going to be half of that = -271kJ. #2 When 1.00g of...

View more questions Search