Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    santoshreddy2k1 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 2, 2007, 08:10 PM
    Tax query for no income F1 students
    Hi,

I was an F1 student for the last two years and presently on OPT. I did not have any income during my F1 status. But I just came to know that there is some form that I need to file even for such cases. Could someone help with the type of forms and also the time frame for which they can be filed as I did not file for the last two years.

Thank you in advance.
    AtlantaTaxExpert Posts: 21,836, Reputation: 846
    Senior Tax Expert

Apr 9, 2007, 02:34 PM
    The form you need to file is Form 8843. You can download the 2006 version from Internal Revenue Service.

You can download the 2004 and 2005 versions from 1040.com Website.

File them all in separate envelopes. Better late than never!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

General Tax Query related to Federal and State Tax and Filing Status. [ 3 Answers ]

I am a Married Indian resident. I had visited US in 2006 twice on H1B. I have never been to US earlier. Period of Visit: March 2006-April2006 approx 44 Days - Income from NY. Stayed in NJ August 2006 – Sept 2006 approx 32 Days. - Income from NJ. Stayed in NJ My company paid the salary...

Are Indian non-resident students subject to taxes in India on US income? [ 3 Answers ]

Are students who are non-resident in the US for tax purposes, subject to tax in India? If so how can the back taxes be paid? Should we submit that we were subject to taxes in India because we intend to pay our taxes?

For F-1 Students is whole 'Stipend' income tax exempt under India-Usa Treaty ? [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, I entered USA in the August of 2005 on F-1 Visa. I received a graduate assistantship for one year and later on became a Research Assistant (RA) in my department. Being an RA entitles me to full tuition remission and am paid a stipend of 18K per year. When I filed my taxes previously with...

NY tax for students [ 1 Answers ]

I'm a student in NY state and worked at an internship last summer in NY. Also during 2006, I worked in NJ, which is where my home is. Which tax forms do I file? I thought I would file IT-203 for NY, the nonresident return, but there is a statement that says "If you maintain living quarters in NY...

Income Tax on Social Security & Interest Income [ 1 Answers ]

I collect SS, withdraw interest income monthly and sell real estate. I am wondering since my interest income & real estate commissions exceed the SS allowable income cap of $12,000 will my SS for the next year be reduced? Will my real estate expenses be deductible from taxes owed on my...

View more questions Search