Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    shelley7180 Posts: 63, Reputation: 4

Mar 7, 2014, 08:02 AM
    Moving washer to the basement using laundry pump
    I have a dream. A dream of getting my washer/dryer out of my kitchen so that I can have a pantry. I want to place them in the basement, and have been looking into solutions on how to do this the cheapest and fastest way possible. I came across something called a laundry pump, and assume that it works pretty much the same way a sump pump works by forcing the water up and out.

The place want to relocate the washer/dryer to is directly below where it is currently located. Can I just run the laundry pump through the floor to the existing washer drain? Do I need to worry about a new vent pipe if I do this?
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Mar 7, 2014, 02:59 PM
    More details please! Is there a laundry sink in your basement? Well with pump the water to? Why a laundry pump and not a regular installation? Can you give me more information? Back to you, Tom
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Mar 7, 2014, 03:28 PM
    Does your sewage pipe go out through the wall of the basement or is it under the floor of the basement?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Alternative Venting for Laundry Pump from the Basement [ 20 Answers ]

I am installing a washer in my basement (that has no waste line access) and was thinking of adding a utility sink and then installing an enclosed laundry pump under, such as one of these, to deal with the grey water: -Zoeller -Drainosaur Both of these need to be vented (and I've read through...

Moving my laundry room to the basement [ 2 Answers ]

Currently my laundry room is on the main floor and I would like to move it into the basement. Right now it is off the kitchen going into the garage. It is really small and loud when watching TV. My basement is unfinished right now but we are looking to finish it within the year. We do already...

Moving Laundry room from basement to second floor [ 2 Answers ]

I appreciate any help I can get. I have an old house (1899) and the upstairs bathroom is divided in two. One side only has a sink. I have removed this sink and want to convert to laundrey room. I currently have the hot and cold supply lines and the drain for the sink. The drain comes...

Moving the laundry room to the basement [ 1 Answers ]

Hi kids, I need to remodel my kitchen and the first thing to do is to move the washer and dryer out of its current location and into the partially finished basement. My main concern is the gray water coming out of the washer. Since it is located below the current drain how does the dirty water from...

Moving washer to basement [ 3 Answers ]

We are trying to move our washer to our basement and we just want to make sure we are doing it right. We have a drain pipe in our crawl space about 14 feet from where we are putting the washer. The drain pipe comes from the bathroom upstairs. We are planning on running a pipe from the washer at a...

View more questions Search